Are you going to be even more angry if this "uncancel" falls through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeymistress

Oct 9, 2004
Compared to how angry/frustrated you were when Bettman pulled the plug on Wednesday, how upset will you be if this drags on a few days only to result in nothing?

Are you going to be more upset?

How much more damage do you think this will cause in the perception of the NHL?

What if the owners are the ones to shoot down the players crawling back, will that shift your position regarding who you support?

H.

Last edited:

Reilly311

no, I think the 45 Mil Cap with no floor is a bad deal anyway.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Not really, if they are making the attempt, that is much better than doing nothing at all. The devil is in the details on how happy I will be with any CBA deal when it is eventually signed though.

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Reilly311 said:
no, I think the 45 Mil Cap with no floor is a bad deal anyway.

For who? For joke teams in minor league cities like The Nashville Predators and Carolina Hurricanes maybe. For hockey fans, it's a great deal.

Reilly311

Doctor Zoidberg said:
For who? For joke teams in minor league cities like The Nashville Predators and Carolina Hurricanes maybe. For hockey fans, it's a great deal.

What about hockey fans of Carolina and Nashville?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Doctor Zoidberg said:

You are wrong . . . the example is baseball, where many small market team owners pocket most of the revenue sharing pissing off not only their own fans but the big market owners/fans who foot the bill. No floor is bad for everyone as you know at least one owner will take advantage of it and pocket most of the luxury tax and revenue sharing.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I think setting a floor at 20 million is fair..

it places no presure on the teams that might consider going below it..

and if a team cannot handle 20 milll go away!

25 mill tops...

Just to prevent a team from cheapskating..(pardon the pun)

Doctor Zoidberg

Feb 16, 2005
Jaded-Fan said:
You are wrong . . . the example is baseball, where many small market team owners pocket most of the revenue sharing pissing off not only their own fans but the big market owners/fans who foot the bill. No floor is bad for everyone as you know at least one owner will take advantage of it and pocket most of the luxury tax and revenue sharing.

Baseball doesn;t even have a cap and there is no point in those smaller market teams putti ng 2 or 3 million in payroll because there is no was they can compete with 200 million dollar payrolls or the yankees, sox, etc. If you can't compete in a 45 hard cap NHL, you need serious help and probably don't deserve to be in the NHL in the first place. Before it was small market = 20 big market = 80, at least now it's small market = 20 big marlet = 45. Thats a hell of a good deal if you ask me. Teams in Toronto and Detroit deserve to have better teams because we actually support our teams.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Doctor Zoidberg said:
Thats a hell of a good deal if you ask me. Teams in Toronto and Detroit deserve to have better teams because we actually support our teams.

:nopity:

Cry me a river. Cap is coming, get used to living with your $$$$ tied behind your back. At least some. You still will maintain a $ advantage over quite a few teams, but it will be manageable. Let us see how you do now.

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
I won't be angry mainly because I will believe all these rumors only when I hear the words out of gary bettmans mouth.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Doc Hollywood said:
If there is no luxury tax or no linkage to salaries there is no need for a floor.

Why would you think that would not be part of a final deal (luxury tax from $X - $45 Million)? Some revenue sharing has been part of all of the proposals I think. The leagues first proposal had $90 millon or something like that, right? I may not happen, but has been mentioned, we just will not know until details emerge.

Doc Hollywood

Feb 1, 2004
Jaded-Fan said:
Why would you think that would not be part of a final deal (luxury tax from $X - $45 Million)? Some revenue sharing has been part of all of the proposals I think. The leagues first proposal had $90 millon or something like that, right? I may not happen, but has been mentioned, we just will not know until details emerge.

Exactly, we don't know if there is a meaning revenue sharing involved. Like I said, IF there is no luxury tax or linkage(for sure not involved) there is no need. Time will tell.

peterthegreat21

Feb 15, 2005
Aurora, CO
yea i will be but i media could be hyping it up alot more then it really is...there pretty good that that. But the reports that Euro team are having players tellin them they are leaving for the US within 24 hours seams pretty promising

hockeymistress

Oct 9, 2004
peterthegreat21 said:
yea i will be but i media could be hyping it up alot more then it really is...there pretty good that that. But the reports that Euro team are having players tellin them they are leaving for the US within 24 hours seams pretty promising

You have to take "sources say" with a grain of salt. More and more media outlets are relying on rumors, hearsay and blogs in a desperate attempt to have breaking news.

H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->