Are you a Fan of One Team or Multiple?

Are you a fan of One Team or Multiple?

• One

• Multiple

Results are only viewable after voting.

Conor McDavitt

Oct 17, 2017
I am a hard core Oilers fan, but have always been a bit of a fan of the Rangers due to all the connections they have had over the years with former Oilers. Sather, Gretzky, Messier, etc. Watching them win the cup in 1994 was almost like watching the Oilers win the cup with so many ex-Oilers on that team.

Reactions: Maximus

Joseppi

Oct 12, 2008
Kepler-22b
I'm a fan of multiple. The Oilers are my #1 team, but I'm also a fan of the Leafs.

I grew up in Leaf territory and always had a soft spot for the Oilers given that I grew up in the Gretzky era. Towards the end of the 90s, I fell out of following hockey until I moved to Edmonton during their cup run in 06. I fell in love with the team and it rekindled my passion for the game.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Not a fan of any team, living across the pond and all, guess that counts as multiple?

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Panthers fan first and usually root for a dark-horse team when FLA eventually misses the playoffs.
This year it's Arizona, really like what they did this off-season.
Challenging to take the Pacific crown right now.

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
Leafs , Oilers, and Pens in that order.

So even though I have suffered as a Leafs fan, the 10 combined cups from the Oilers / Pens has at least softened the blow.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I'm a fan of my team but I can watch other teams play, enjoy it and I'll cheer for upsets.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The Hockey Guy is a Canucks, Bruins & Stars fan and it seems a lot of people in his comment sections are fans of multiple teams as well. I’m a diehard Rangers fan and I couldn’t imagine being a fan of any other team, sure there are some teams I like more than others; Ovechkin’s my fav player & I teared up when he lifted the cup. So I like Washington more than most teams but still the Rangers have had some heated playoff series with them and I hate the caps during that. I’d say I dislike every team in the league except the Rangers. I don’t get how you can actively be a fan of multiple teams, I don’t mean just cheering for one team over another but being an actual fan of that team

As you know I'm longtime diehard Ranger fan like you. I will say that due to my being involved in fantasy hockey for the past 22 years not only has my hatred for some teams diminished but my affinity for some teams has increased...it's just the way it is.

For example I own 5 yes...5 Avalanche players on my big $$ fantasy team...I watch Colorado games all the time. It goes withought saying I root for them to win their games especially because one of the 5 players I own is Grubauer and obviously when Colorado wins and Grubauer is between the pipes, it's good for my fantasy team. The other 4 guys(MacKinnon, Burakovsky, Donskoi and Zadarov) I am rooting like crazy for those guys to do well because once again it helps my fantasy team. So how can I not be a fan of Colorado....right?

Now as much as I love fantasy hockey, I do have my morals tho...I refuse to own any Islanders or Devils. I to this day hate those teams with a passion and I simply cannot have any of their players on my squad based on principal as I could never ever root for them win hockey games. I never own goalies in the Metro other than Ranger goalies because I don't want to root for any of these opponents of ours in our division to win games.

I hope I'm making sense. I think I am but some peeps who don't participate in this awesome hobby might not know how fantasy hockey could influence one's rooting interests which is a 1000% different than the way it was back in the 80's or early to mid 90's when there was no fantasy hockey and so you rooted for your team and that was it.

I guess what I'm saying is that fantasy hockey has increased the chances for someone like me for example to like and root for another team like Colorado and I don't feel any guilt whatsoever about it or do I feel I'm not being disingenuous about my love for the Rangers .

I've been a Ranger fan for almost 50 years and I live and die with them always have always will. However if our Rangers aren't going to win the Cup, why not root for a team like the Avalanche who are an easy team to root for, have fun and likeable players and are exciting to watch...you follow?

Last edited:
Reactions: EdJovanovski

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Definitely a "fan" of only one team...but i'm also a fan of a lot of different players, and enjoy watching an awful lot of non-Canucks games. I just have no real loyalty to any other crest. ie. I'll always be a Canucks fan, even when they go through stretches where they don't have many players i really enjoy watching or play a system that makes me want to gouge my eyes out (Torts era). When it comes to other teams though...my interest very much shifts with the winds of players i like watching, or styles of hockey that i enjoy.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
One. People who are fans of multiple teams make me sick. I like the Blackhawks but would never call myself a Blackhawks fan. It’s the Rangers and every other team can get f***ed.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I am only a true fan of one club, my hometown team which I follow live home and away, both in hockey and in football. I think I would consider myself as a fan of the Avalanche but it's not on the same level. Also because of Kakko Rangers are very interesting. They are closer to Colorado than Colorado is to my true team.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I am a fanatic/die hard of one, but have a soft spot for the Coyotes since I've lived in Arizona most of my life.

It will always be that way: always rooting for the Flames and maybe cheering for the local team to do well if my team is either out or not doing so good.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I've grown a Habs fan because of family and location but honestly I never really enjoyed watching them since Kovalev left (I'm 23 for context).

I've also followed and cheered for Ovechkin since he entered the league. And since about 2008-2009 I've been a fan of the Capitals as well!

But I just really enjoy high quality hockey so if the Habs' opponent is bad I usually put on another game.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
Born in the late 60s, I've been a fan of the Sabres since I was old enough to know what hockey is - I knew of the French Connection in 1972, so my fandom goes back to the days of Bert's end to end rushes getting everyone up out of their seats. Really no other secondary interests until Vegas came along so make room for me on the bandwagon.

Been a Bills fan as long as I have been with the Sabres. No other NFL interests.

I've been a closet supporter of Everton since the 90s when my college bar would air ESPN matches from the EPL at night.

Became a fan of the Stankees in 1977 after making a bet with my Dad, a long time Dodger fan. Reggie, Reggie, Reggie! I don't follow baseball anymore though.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
Section 308
I’m Canes only, but I have a massive soft spot for non-traditional teams like Arizona and Florida.

Unity, brothers and sisters!

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
I cheer for the Avs when they are not playing the Hawks. But truly the answer is one team.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
One team, but there isn’t any animosity with other teams. I enjoy following them too and appreciate their success, even the Blues last year.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
I'm a Penguin fan.

I'm not a Hurricane fan but I am happy when they do well because it makes life more fun where I live (unless they're in direct competition with the Penguins). I have red to wear to the arena if the Pens aren't in town so that I can be a part of the crowd. I suppose they are my second team but other than going to games just to see live hockey, I don't really follow them at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->