Are you a Fan of One Team or Multiple?

Are you a fan of One Team or Multiple?

• One

• Multiple

Results are only viewable after voting.

Anichels

May 3, 2013
Hub City
I have a "main" team - Canucks... then I support other teams.
Hawks - After I met Toews

I like seeing certain ex-Moncton Wildcats players succeed.
Blues (Barbashev)
Coyotes (Garland)

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Oilers Canucks Sharks and Kings fan. Will probably always hate the Flames Ducks Stars and Knights.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Bruins are my team, but I always end up bandwagoning a team or two in the playoffs... or at least becoming a fan of the team going AGAINST the teams on the shit list.

Reactions: Maximus

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
IMO, there's only exceedingly rare situations where you can successfully maintain an open relationship. Those types of people are few and far in between.

For the rest of us, we can be married to only one team at a time. But we can have a soft spot for another team kinda like how some of us oggle and keep tabs on exes and other hot people like a Hollywood star or something. You can also respect teams without full on hating them, and you can hate on a team for pure unreasonable reasons.

Or perhaps an even simpler metaphor, mine would be:

Sleep - Jets
Marry - Flames
Kill - ... Leafs?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
giphy.gif

Reactions: AB13

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I cheer for Devils & Sens since I live in Ott but every month I'm in NYC and go to devils games. Seen more devils games than Sens games this year

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
1 main one, but there's about 4-5 other teams that I like and cheer for when they're not playing the main one

Reactions: Mortiz

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Leafs Fan since Sundin days, always will be.
2nd team was Edmonton since Taylor Hall was drafted, and they started rebuilding.
3rd team is Washington, cuz Ovechkin.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks are my main team
I watch Islanders/Rangers a lot, home team + lot of family members that like em

Matt Tkachuk is my favorite player, so I try to catch Flames when I can.
Kings are always televised in socal, so I watch them if the ducks arnt playing.
Will watch blues when I can

And then when I want to watch a drama/Reality tv show, I watch the maple leafs.

Reactions: Leonardo87

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Only the Oilers for me. While there are teams I like and those I don't there is a big difference between liking a team and being a fan of them. Occasionally I watch a few non oiler games or the playoffs (since we aren't usually in it) but even when I cheer for other teams the excitement levels and fear aren't the same.

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
Canucks fan first and foremost. Watched a lot of HNIC growing up so I also supported the Leafs, Habs and Senators in that order, who usually played the first game of the double header. Nowadays I'll still catch some Leafs and Habs games but I'll never go out of my way to watch em like the Canucks.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Tough question for me to answer because while I am a Leaf fan, I wasn't supposed to be, I was born in Winnipeg, I should have grown up a Jets fan, I'm part of generation of kids that never got that chance and I truly truly HATE Arizona because of it.

I can't say I cheer for the Jets but if the Leafs can't win the cup I'd want the Jets to

Reactions: Saitama

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I don't see a problem with being a fan of more then one team. at the canucks.com forum there are die hard, like literally there is one a guy a die hard Leaf and Canuck fan, I kid you not. He is 100% and we feel legit when he says he loves both teams.

I'm Canuck fan at heart, and also like the Penguins.
I disagree with people who say you can only be a fan of one team.

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
I am an Avs fan through and through.

Do not understand how it is possible to genuinely like more than one team on a deep level, but I also don't question those who do precisely because it just isn't me.

I have a soft spot for the Caps because I was born in DC, but otherwise it is Colorado and only Colorado until they get eliminated, then I watch the playoffs and "root" casually for whomever I naturally find myself siding with over the course of the postseason, or from series to series.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If you are a fan of more than one team you are not a fan of any team.

I guess then one needs to pick their poison a club team or national team right?

I'm a passionate hockey fan, grew up as a diehard Canucks fan and have matured into a hockey fan love the black Hawks red jerseys and their style of play during their recent 3 SC run.

Heck if I'm on a walk and see a pickup ball hockey game I will stop and watch for a bit sometimes.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you are a fan of more than one team you are not a fan of any team.

I traveled 2k miles to Anaheim to watch the Ducks play and 6 days later was at MSG to watch the Rangers. My teams are in different conferences and time zones for that matter. I know Rangers are first for me but I also love the Ducks as well. So whatever.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I knew i liked you for a reason.
It was a really odd dynamic TBH. In that massive stretch before the series started I was like, "Oh this is so cool, it's my 2 favorite teams meeting in the Final, this is a dream scenario." Obviously I like the Bruins way more than the Blues, but I genuinely do like the Blues a lot more than any other team. But when it was in the actual series I hated the Blues like any other opponent, got angry about things that went against the Bruins and the usual things of that nature, and could not appreciate the Blues having any type of success whatsoever. But it dissipated after, it wasn't like the Canucks or Hawks Finals where that kind of hatred still lingers.

I never watched the Cup ceremony though, I think it would have been cool to see guys like O'Reilly/Pietrangelo raise the Cup, but I just had/have no interest. If they played another opponent it would have been cool to see.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Habs first.

I fw the Isles and Oilers (although I wanted them to lose after seeing their fans over the top gloating about the Leafs loss yesterday).

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Ranger fan first, but have become a fan of the Canes since I am a local and my kids played for the junior program.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Sabres fan only, but I allow room for other teams to grow on me as the season progresses, and can appreciate a well run organization without letting it effect my love for Buffalo.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
One.

I enjoy watching multiple teams (typically the higher scoring ones), but I only actually cheer for or give a damn about one team winning games.

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
IMO, there's only exceedingly rare situations where you can successfully maintain an open relationship. Those types of people are few and far in between.

For the rest of us, we can be married to only one team at a time. But we can have a soft spot for another team kinda like how some of us oggle and keep tabs on exes and other hot people like a Hollywood star or something. You can also respect teams without full on hating them, and you can hate on a team for pure unreasonable reasons.

Or perhaps an even simpler metaphor, mine would be:

Sleep - Jets
Marry - Flames
Kill - ... Leafs?
I like it.

Sleep - Avalanche (or the Oilers when McDavid is on the ice)
Marry - Habs, but it's been a fairly abusive relationship
Kill - I guess Leafs? Fun team to watch, even better to watch implode every year despite expectations getting higher and higher. Otherwise, Canes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad