Are you a fan of One Team or Multiple?

• One

• Multiple

Results are only viewable after voting.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
The Hockey Guy is a Canucks, Bruins & Stars fan and it seems a lot of people in his comment sections are fans of multiple teams as well. I’m a diehard Rangers fan and I couldn’t imagine being a fan of any other team, sure there are some teams I like more than others; Ovechkin’s my fav player & I teared up when he lifted the cup. So I like Washington more than most teams but still the Rangers have had some heated playoff series with them and I hate the caps during that. I’d say I dislike every team in the league except the Rangers. I don’t get how you can actively be a fan of multiple teams, I don’t mean just cheering for one team over another but being an actual fan of that team

Reactions: Khomutov

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Flames fan only.

Now if the Flames aren’t playing or are out of playoffs etc, I’ll cheer for a couple of teams casually.

Having moved to MN, I attend a fair amount of Wild games. I will casually cheer for the Wild when appropriate. :naughty:

The whole oh flames are out I’ll cheer for oilers or leafs to win cup because Canadian team. f*** no. I’d expect the same from those fans about the flames.

Flames 4 life.

Reactions: McRpro

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
One team. I got to put my fandom for my 2nd favorite team (Blues) to the test in June, and I think it's safe to say I'm a Bruins fan only. Blues are still my #2 though.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
One team. I got to put my fandom for my 2nd favorite team (Blues) to the test in June, and I think it's safe to say I'm a Bruins fan only. Blues are still my #2 though.
This for me but the other way around. Can’t pretend that the finals didn’t damage the relationship but I still respect the hell out of the Bruins. Best combination of talent and structure in the NHL.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You cannot truly be a 'fanatic' of more than 1 team in any given sport/league, imo. You can hate some teams less than others, though.
I beg to differ. I grew up and found my love of the game through the Ducks and was prepared to let the local VGK team be my casual side team. But after their community outreach in light of the Mandalay Bay shooting and what the team has meant to my city, I love them just as much and I am invested emotionally in both teams.

It's not common but it's not impossible either.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I beg to differ. I grew up and found my love of the game through the Ducks and was prepared to let the local VGK team be my casual side team. But after their community outreach in light of the Mandalay Bay shooting and what the team has meant to my city and I love them just as much and I am invested emotionally in both teams.

It's not common but it's not impossible either.

So who you root for in the 3-4 meetings between them per year?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
ANy other specifically Hurricanes/Leafs fans around?? I can't be the only one

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Leafs fan first but after how terrible they've been for the past 15 years, I've learned how to appreciate what the rest of the NHL has to offer.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I’m a Blues fan. There’s other teams I might have soft spots for but nobody else I’m actually a fan of.

There are definitely two teams I hate and will root against pretty much regardless

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
How I view it, hockey/nhl is entertainment.

I was raised in Vancouver so I am a canucks fan.

Born just outside of Winnipeg and have french canadian roots. So Jets/Habs have solf spots in me. I don't consider myself a fan of the Jets/Habs but I do hope they do well and when they win the cup I will celebrate.

I think most people have a favorite team and then a few teams they like and cheer for but aren't "die heart fans"

Especially if you are in a city/region with no nhl/other sport leagues team.

honestly let people do themselves. People will always find something to make themselves look better and other look worst. It is just entertainment at the end of the day.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Flames fan first. Born this way.

Then I have the Bruins as a secondary team since they were my dads and it often works out I can watch them as the early game. I'm not sure if I can actually call myself a Bruins "fan" since I really only have cursory knowledge of their farm system, prospects, and team dynamics compared to the Flames.

After that there is a big list of teams I'll root for/against mostly just in the playoffs.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->