are Wick n Romy NHL material?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Hy guys i´m swiss and i´m wondering about my natives roman wick n kev romy if they have a future in the nhl???

I know the swiss players r known as soft n with a bad attitude but so far wick really impresses me at red deer and romy is a main threat at geneva in the highest swiss league. They also perform well at the wjc 18 n 20.

Further i know that riesen was a big disappointement for all oiler fans. they drafted him as no 13. highest choosen swiss player ever.

thnx in advance

CH Wizard

Common , don't overrated them just because they both scored yesterday vs Belarus.

:lol

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
thegreatone said:
Common , don't overrated them just because they both scored yesterday vs Belarus.

The Flyers seem to think that Romy could have NHL potential, so I don't see how he is overrating them. He simply asked if they could make it into the league.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
thegreatone said:

He's putting up great numbers as a 19 year old in the Swiss league, so it's not just because he scored vs. Belarus. BTW, where was Kostitsyn?
Didn't see him on the scoresheet. :lol

Rafik Soliman

Feb 27, 2002
Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Visit site
I think both have the talent to play in the NHL....
But like with every swiss you have to question the attitude!
Well Roman Wick already made the first step and moved to the WHL, which realy impresses me (also the way he plays)! I hope he stays and keeps his head up and doesn't get pissed 'cause of the lockout....

But I think we had players with more talent and they didn't made it....
Talking bout a Cereda or a Riesen!

I think if the NHL will use replacement Players there should be a bigger influence from Switzerland....

blah

Jun 24, 2003
I think Romy has a chance of making the Flyers at some point. From what I saw last night I think his game translates well to the NHL and what the Flyers do. The Flyers do have a lot of other prospects close to the NHL though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
thegreatone said:

Who is overrating him. All that was started was that the Flyers are going to try and bring Kevin Romy over next season. Are you sure you're not laughing at yourself for putting words in people's mouths? No one ever said Wick or Romy are going to come in to the NHL and own it. Or maybe your just bitter that Kostitsyn was shut down?

Nicholas79

Sep 17, 2004
Crackster said:
I think both have the talent to play in the NHL....
But like with every swiss you have to question the attitude!
Well Roman Wick already made the first step and moved to the WHL, which realy impresses me (also the way he plays)! I hope he stays and keeps his head up and doesn't get pissed 'cause of the lockout....

But I think we had players with more talent and they didn't made it....
Talking bout a Cereda or a Riesen!

I think if the NHL will use replacement Players there should be a bigger influence from Switzerland....

Cereda, more talent than Romy and Wick?!? Please be kidding. Ask Leafs fans what they think about this guy...

Nicholas79

Sep 17, 2004
Crackster said:
Everybody knows that Cereda is a bust.... I'm not arguing that! He even sucks in Switzerland! But he had more talent than those two have, but his heart surgery realy throwed him miles back...

I know he sucks big time, I'm from Switzerland as well. I don't think his heart surgery was a decisive factor, he wouldn't have made it into the Nhl anyway. He has always been overrated, even as a 16 year old, when everyone praised his talent. In terms of puckhandling skills and ice vision, he is and has always been far behind Wick and Romy.

Rafik Soliman

Feb 27, 2002
Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Visit site
We'll never know....
Somehow he was a first Round Pick!? That doesn't come from nowhere....

But he sure benefited from Petrov and DiPietro when he was playing in the highest swiss league! And of course his strong performances at the u18 and u20 WJC....

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Nicholas79 said:
He has always been overrated, even as a 16 year old, when everyone praised his talent. In terms of ... skills, he is and has always been far behind Wick and Romy.

Dude, cereda was never behind wick and romy... I saw Cereda, Wick and Romy play. I have read scouting reports as-well.... Cereda was at the same age above them til his heart disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->