Salary Cap: Are we really happy to have Matthews and Marner signed?

Which would you rather have?

• Marner at $10.9M for 6 years plus Matthews at $11.6M for 5 years

• Marner at $9.25 for 6 years plus Arizona's next 4 first round picks and lots of cap space?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I love one of 2 names that would rather not have Matthews. Created their account right around the Nylander negotiations to do nothing but shit on Dubas for a year now. Tough times for that poster.

Reactions: Walshy7 and kb

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Vegas’ 4 first are not that appealing. Glad Dubas convinced AM to stay for 5 yrs...

Reactions: kb

Magick93

Mar 4, 2004
What a stupid thread.

Do you want 2 of the best in the laegue or some draft picks.

**** off.
How is it stupid? Alot of Dubas detractors say that he overpaid these players. The point is that if he hadn't we would have lost Matthews.

In a salary cap world value for dollars matters. So I think it's a fair question.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
How is it stupid? Alot of Dubas detractors say that he overpaid these players. The point is that if he hadn't we would have lost Matthews.

In a salary cap world value for dollars matters. So I think it's a fair question.

Its f***ing stupid. Even if he did overpay by a bit, you do it every single time.

It's not a fair question, it is a stupid question. There doesn't always have to be controversy, just enjoy the fact we have 2 of the best in the game, even if they are over paid by 1M or less.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I think 100% of Leafs fans are happy they are signed and about 95% are unhappy with what they are signed for and after seeing the Rantanen contract it might have pushed that 95% up to a 99%.

Magick93

Mar 4, 2004
Tavares the Noble, I think Marner is overpaid by 1.5 million and Matthews by 2 million. Remember we only bought 1 Ufa year for him. Do you do that every time? Can we overpay Rielly and Barrie on their next deals?

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
We once were in a position as a franchise where we would pray that we could have talents like Marner and Matthews and JT. Hell even Willy Nylander was a beautiful dream.

Some Leafs fans need to take a time machine and go back to those days and whine about our current problems and see just how much symapthy they receive.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Though the last two summers have been disappointing, and I grade Dubas pretty close to a fail on Marner and Matthews, the fact is Nylander, Marner, and Matthews are all still Leafs. Along with John Tavares.

IMO they equal out somewhere around 3-3.5M in overpayments based on their term and the market. That's a third line player.

This is a pretty darn good core, and if they fail to win a championship it won't be because of 3M in cap space.

BackPassChampions

Jun 26, 2015
:laugh:

I have so much to say, yet I’m going to contain myself and say nothing. This is a comedy gold thread.

Give your head a shake Magic.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Let it be known that OP hasn't posted on the boards in almost 10 years and never on the leafs board prior to this.

Safe to say this is just someone speaking attention who hasn't watched a game in years.

The answer though is unanimously yes, we are really really really really happy to have Matthews and Marner locked up long-term.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Tavares the Noble, I think Marner is overpaid by 1.5 million and Matthews by 2 million. Remember we only bought 1 Ufa year for him. Do you do that every time? Can we overpay Rielly and Barrie on their next deals?

And I think you are wrong. But hey you do you, keep up the complaining about having a team with several super stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad