Are there still people out there who oppose a boycott?

Do you support or oppose a boycott?

• Support

• Oppose

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
52977087_1162721477238345_3900046212773969920_n.jpg

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Why would people want to? If you don't like a product don't buy it. Going out of your way to try and get people to join up and bankrupt a local business is lame as fuuuuu. They are not poisoning or hurting anyone or anything. Some people like to get out of the house and take their kids to a game. Why try and run the local team out of town?
Your going to look like real 'Heros'' if the NHL pulls the plug.
You’ve got some research to do my friend...
I understand what you’re trying to say. But you’re wrong.
The whole point of it is to get the attention of the media, which would then get the attention of the NHL/Gary Bettman. We need to voice our displeasure.
Because it’s BAD dude! This is an AHL TEAM.
I’ve never ever seen a team in the nhl with this bad of a roster.
You seriously expect true Sens fans to just sit back and watch their team get outplayed and out scored most games without a peep? Because an owner is too cheap.

Think of it this way. ANY other owner in this league, and we’ve got shovels in the ground for Lebreton, Erik Karlsson, Mark Stone, and our 2019 1st round pick.

Wouldn’t that be nice? This owner is a complete loser and nothing is ever going to change if he’s still around. If it wasn’t 100% clear that he’s the main problem last year, it sure is now after a complete decimation of our team and complete stupidity in the whole Lebreton flats situation.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
You’ve got some research to do my friend...
I understand what you’re trying to say. But you’re wrong.
The whole point of it is to get the attention of the media, which would then get the attention of the NHL/Gary Bettman. We need to voice our displeasure.
Because it’s BAD dude! This is an AHL TEAM.
I’ve never ever seen a team in the nhl with this bad of a roster.
You seriously expect true Sens fans to just sit back and watch their team get outplayed and out scored most games without a peep? Because an owner is too cheap.

Think of it this way. ANY other owner in this league, and we’ve got shovels in the ground for Lebreton, Erik Karlsson, Mark Stone, and our 2019 1st round pick.

Wouldn’t that be nice? This owner is a complete loser and nothing is ever going to change if he’s still around. If it wasn’t 100% clear that he’s the main problem last year, it sure is now after a complete decimation of our team and complete stupidity in the whole Lebreton flats situation.

The problem is that it’s not Bettmans team and there is nothing he will do. Untill we see the deal that was or wasn’t I will reserve judgement on that one, also the llist of owners that have built their own NHL arena’s is extreamly small so I seriously doubt any other owner would have built anything.
The fact that this is the only city in the NHL that is demanding the owner builds a new arena does not help anything, I don’t think Bettman wants fans getting the idea “they better get a new rink from the NHL or else” it’s probably the last thing he and all the other owners want.
Lots of things would be nice but the NHL in Ottawa is Melnyk, it’s his team and there is nothing that can be done until he sells.
Bettman can do math he understands the sens will never have lots of money and he will not pitty fans because of it. Nor does he care they are in last place. It’s a tough spot to be in.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The problem is that it’s not Bettmans team and there is nothing he will do. Untill we see the deal that was or wasn’t I will reserve judgement on that one, also the llist of owners that have built their own NHL arena’s is extreamly small so I seriously doubt any other owner would have built anything.
The fact that this is the only city in the NHL that is demanding the owner builds a new arena does not help anything, I don’t think Bettman wants fans getting the idea “they better get a new rink from the NHL or else” it’s probably the last thing he and all the other owners want.
Lots of things would be nice but the NHL in Ottawa is Melnyk, it’s his team and there is nothing that can be done until he sells.
Bettman can do math he understands the sens will never have lots of money and he will not pitty fans because of it. Nor does he care they are in last place. It’s a tough spot to be in.
Let him take the team elsewhere then. If Melnyk continues to own the team, then there's no point in it existing in the first place.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Let him take the team elsewhere then. If Melnyk continues to own the team, then there's no point in it existing in the first place.

Well good for you but other people like to go out for the day and watch a game, they don’t loose sleep over losing the game and they have a fun day with the kids.
Now something more realistic could be a simple rule that any team that wants to enjoy revenue sharing must meet a spending criteria on front office, scouting, and those sort of things, although that number might be low because of a handful of teams but at least it would keep it honest.
The leafs oilers and many others have been far less competitive for years so your pouting is hardly called for.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
Well good for you but other people like to go out for the day and watch a game, they don’t loose sleep over losing the game and they have a fun day with the kids.
Now something more realistic could be a simple rule that any team that wants to enjoy revenue sharing must meet a spending criteria on front office, scouting, and those sort of things, although that number might be low because of a handful of teams but at least it would keep it honest.
The leafs oilers and many others have been far less competitive for years so your pouting is hardly called for.
Unsure how the simple rule would be implemented and there are likely a few holes in how one could set it up but it is a creative idea.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Lol none of that would solve anything from the Melnyk effect. To make it about money simplifies it beyond understanding it, but its an easy way to deflect. This is pro sports, we should be expecting a lot more than a "fun" evening for kids.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Lol none of that would solve anything from the Melnyk effect. To make it about money simplifies it beyond understanding it, but its an easy way to deflect. This is pro sports, we should be expecting a lot more than a "fun" evening for kids.

Well your missing the point then, it’s an entertainment business, there is no deflection, someone has to be last, it’s been a long time since it was the sens but thems the breaks.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Well your missing the point then, it’s an entertainment business, there is no deflection, someone has to be last, it’s been a long time since it was the sens but thems the breaks.
Ah yes, its me thats missing the point. Financially motivated firesales and two year tire fire PR disasters are normal.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Ah yes, its me thats missing the point. Financially motivated firesales and two year tire fire PR disasters are normal.

Yes financially motivated fire sales are fairly normal for low budget teams that have no playoff hopes. And yes some times PR disasters happen. Vancouver after the Messier disaster, Edmonton for a long time more then once, I’m sure there are more examples but I don’t really care

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yes financially motivated fire sales are fairly normal for low budget teams that have no playoff hopes. And yes some times PR disasters happen. Vancouver after the Messier disaster, Edmonton for a long time more then once, I’m sure there are more examples but I don’t really care
Lol other than the Ballard and Wirtz examples, nothing compares to whats happened here, not even close, but you're right, who cares anymore. I'd say that's about how all Sens fan feel now.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Lol other than the Ballard and Wirtz examples, nothing compares to whats happened here, not even close, but you're right, who cares anymore. I'd say that's about how all Sens fan feel now.

Like what? Whats the big scandal? The fact is that it's way overblown, the owner is suing someone? The star players got traded?
I mean it's hardly a big deal. Sports broadcasters hype it up because thats what they do. If Melnyk gets in legal trouble with the team then you might have a case but so far it's fairly tame. A player drunk and driving into tim ho's or sexual abuse or domestic abuse accusations are way worse than anything this team has seen or maybe international drug smuggling ?

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Might as well go to a Kanata Blazers game then.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Like what? Whats the big scandal? The fact is that it's way overblown, the owner is suing someone? The star players got traded?
I mean it's hardly a big deal. Sports broadcasters hype it up because thats what they do. If Melnyk gets in legal trouble with the team then you might have a case but so far it's fairly tame. A player drunk and driving into tim ho's or sexual abuse or domestic abuse accusations are way worse than anything this team has seen or maybe international drug smuggling ?
Hahahahaha seriously?!?! No way you're baiting me with the "list" that you'll spin and poke me with condescending superiority. Yes, everyone paying attention to or reporting on the Senators is out to lunch but the one guy on HF arguing with everyone. Yup, you're right, shoulda listened to that one guy that was right all along. If that's how you feel, well, ya I'd say we're done and I'd leave you alone, but your need to try to talk down to everyone always seems to override that.

Reactions: Deku

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
What player drove into Tim's ho's?

darnok

Mar 15, 2014
Pocklington!?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Hahahahaha seriously?!?! No way you're baiting me with the "list" that you'll spin and poke me with condescending superiority. Yes, everyone paying attention to or reporting on the Senators is out to lunch but the one guy on HF arguing with everyone. Yup, you're right, shoulda listened to that one guy that was right all along. If that's how you feel, well, ya I'd say we're done and I'd leave you alone, but your need to try to talk down to everyone always seems to override that.

I'm not arguing with everyone I am debating you on PR
You don't think LA having wife beaters and drug smugglers is worse? I do
And here is how everyone including the media plays it." That coach sucks why does he still have a job"" When are you getting rid of the coach?"
"What you fired the coach? Worst organisation ever"

Last edited:

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
- owner leveraging team to by pass organ donor program for his new liver.
- assistant coach charged with sexual assault
- alleged cyber bullying
- alleged cyber hacking

I’m not going to go into the rumors for fear of being sued by Melnyk but I’ve heard some pretty ugly stuff from people very close to Leeder.

What makes this current version of the organization among the worst is has nothing to do with our place in the standings.

How many players that have their number retired want nothing to do with the organization?

Melnyk/Dorion have Zero credit around the league.

Btw, that’s not from the press. The sens tried to hire an ex-player to help with scouting. He walked and walked right back out. Said it was the biggest $hit show he’d ever experience. Says everyone considers them a joke now.

It’s a small town, surely you must know someone that works for the sens. Just ask them. Is it a positive work environment? Do they trust management? How is the pay?

BTW, im not boycotting, mostly because I know the damage being done on the Corp side. But dude, since Murray and Leeder have been out of the picture it’s been a horrible situation and that’s because its amateur hour with a President, GM, COO, etc etc, that simply do not have experience/skills to do their jobs.

Ex: it’s not that they fired the coach. It’s how they fired them that NHL media took issue with.

I know, I aint saying things are good. I honestly have no Idea how things will ever get better wth Melnyk around but a lot of things are being blown way way out of proportion.
Acting like everyone and anyone would jump up and build an arena,or firing the guy everyone thought should be fired. Things that shouldn't matter and they are treated like a ten on the outrage scale. There is enough crap going on without the fake outrage 24/7 . It's tiresome and it creates a worse atmosphere for the fans and the players.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Friendly warning: Please follow forum rules.

8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Thank you.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Really? The Sens are the worst of any of those teams you mention by far.

Expos - the gutting of the 94 Expos (which was the top team in baseball at the point a strike killed the seas0n) is the worst, by far. Expos had only made the playoffs once since 1969, when they joined the league. Then due to their financial situation that off season they lost:
- future NL-MVP Larry Walker in FA for nothing,
- 2x allstar and Gold Glove winer Marquis Grissom was traded for pieces that didn't do muchfor MTL
- All Star Ken Hill, on pace for a 23-7 season, was traded
- Ace Closer John Wettland, future 3 time all star and WS MVP in 96, was traded for cash and a minor

The Expos never recovered and the next 10 years were painful as a fan, but nothing was worse than seeing them leave ultimately.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad