Are there still people out there who oppose a boycott?

Do you support or oppose a boycott?

• Support

• Oppose

Results are only viewable after voting.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I'm amazed the league hasn't stepped in. They must be loosing $ with the amount of us not going

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
I’m not sure a boycott is even needed. Melnyk you just played yourself dawg.

The franchise destroyed itself with no assistance needed.

I'm not consciously boycotting. There is limit to discretionary spending. Tonight I was at the NAC. Far more enjoyable than any hockey game I've seen in some time. Next year more money is going to the NAC and elsewhere and less to the Senators. Simple as that.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
I'm not consciously boycotting. There is limit to discretionary spending. Tonight I was at the NAC. Far more enjoyable than any hockey game I've seen in some time. Next year more money is going to the NAC and elsewhere and less to the Senators. Simple as that.

Yeah, pretty much the same.

I talked to two local business execs this week that have decided not to renew season tickets. They are hurting on the corporate side much more than anything joe public can do.

Btw, Beatles Revolution? If so, yeah, it was pretty fun.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
To be honest, I’ve been waiting for and hoping that there would be more rally-type events. More in game vitriol (audible “Mel-Nyk Out” chants at games en masse, for example), or rallies on Palladium in the hundreds - at least - on a game night with “honk if you want MelnykOut” type presence that would maybe get media attention. Problem is, no one actually goes to the games and 2/3 of the season is Ottawa winter, which isn’t conducive to outdoor protesting on Palladium at 6pm lol.

I admit I can’t say much on this, since my form of voicing my displeasure is via simply not going, which seems to be the vote-method of choice ATM. If a rally was organized, I’d go.

I’ve actually thought this board alone could at least get a couple dozen on Palladium and though I’m too apathetic at this point to organize it, I would certainly attend.
Yeah this is something that needs to happen.
After Stone being traded I really expected more from our fans in terms of Melnyk out chants and what not. Nothing whatsoever..

This alone will ensure that there will never be an ownership change. Sitting at home does nothing whatsoever. There needs to be some kind of uproar at this mess. Like come on people.
Tim and Sid aren’t even Sens fans and they publicly trash this pile of manure organization.
Something needs to happen NOW.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
Yeah, pretty much the same.

I talked to two local business execs this week that have decided not to renew season tickets. They are hurting on the corporate side much more than anything joe public can do.

Btw, Beatles Revolution? If so, yeah, it was pretty fun.

Yes! What did you think of the drummer? Brilliant from my perspective. Made me appreciate Starr more than I had. This is the first year I bought tickets for the six Pop performances and I'd much rather spend there than CTC Senators, for now at least.

Of all coincidences, the man and woman seated beside me were from Liverpool. She was Brian Epstein's secretary during the Beatles era.

I only know Joe public wrt the Senators and we were never huge spenders, but none of us goes to games any more. I haven't watched a game all year, nor listened to more than one on the radio.

If this is typical they have a big problem.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I’m also surprised that there has not been an attempt to start a thread for a rally. Unless I missed it.

But I really do think that something like that needs to happen. If not, we just look like a really lame fan base imo (we are).

But how many other fan bases in the league do you think would put up with this without a real uproar? Especially Canadian ones.
None at all guys.
This is literally the worst it can get.

I would totally join a rally, revolt, or some form of a more serious boycott. Let’s get something going

darnok

Mar 15, 2014
Which other teams' fans do you think should boycott?
Arizona, NYI, NYR, Edmonton?
Toronto actually grew their fan base through 50 years of bad management and mostly terrible teams.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Actually, Toronto, Montreal, and Rangers did boycott at various points in the past. But, the benefit of a massive fanbase is being able to have 99% of your fans refuse to spend money on tickets and still have a full house every night.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Actually, Toronto, Montreal, and Rangers did boycott at various points in the past. But, the benefit of a massive fanbase is being able to have 99% of your fans refuse to spend money on tickets and still have a full house every night.
When all of your most expensive seats and boxes are purchased every year by corporations it makes it a little easier to not worry about what the true fan thinks.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Which other teams' fans do you think should boycott?
Arizona, NYI, NYR, Edmonton?
Toronto actually grew their fan base through 50 years of bad management and mostly terrible teams.
When there are only 6 teams in the NHL and one being in the biggest city in Canada while hockey being the main sport you can see why fans are still generated despite ownership/management incompetency

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I’m also surprised that there has not been an attempt to start a thread for a rally. Unless I missed it.

But I really do think that something like that needs to happen. If not, we just look like a really lame fan base imo (we are).

But how many other fan bases in the league do you think would put up with this without a real uproar? Especially Canadian ones.
None at all guys.

I would totally join a rally, revolt, or some form of a more serious boycott. Let’s get something going
Umm Leaf and Oiler fans did?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I said core, not a player.
Not to mention

Luongo was 19

Hall was a hockey trade made by an incompetent GM and had nothing to do with ownership

Lafontaine was traded for a 21 year old 1st overall, soon to be HOF player who had just come off 100+ and 80 point seasons.

Gretz was traded for ownership money issues for sure, as he was traded for cash.

Messier was traded because he was 30 and didn't accept the 2 million dollar offer from Sather.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

None at all guys.

Why would people want to? If you don't like a product don't buy it. Going out of your way to try and get people to join up and bankrupt a local business is lame as fuuuuu. They are not poisoning or hurting anyone or anything. Some people like to get out of the house and take their kids to a game. Why try and run the local team out of town?
Your going to look like real 'Heros'' if the NHL pulls the plug.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Yes! What did you think of the drummer? Brilliant from my perspective. Made me appreciate Starr more than I had. This is the first year I bought tickets for the six Pop performances and I'd much rather spend there than CTC Senators, for now at least.

Of all coincidences, the man and woman seated beside me were from Liverpool. She was Brian Epstein's secretary during the Beatles era.

I only know Joe public wrt the Senators and we were never huge spenders, but none of us goes to games any more. I haven't watched a game all year, nor listened to more than one on the radio.

If this is typical they have a big problem.

Agreed. Drummer was great, and yeah, Ringo was definitely under appreciated. Just rolling along with whatever direction the others went.

Anyways, I can’t see how Joe public is not turning off to some degree. when you are auctioning off Mark Borowiecki jerseys...the casual fan starts asking certain questions, like, who is Mark Borowiecki?

Reactions: HF Reader

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Not to mention

Luongo was 19

Hall was a hockey trade made by an incompetent GM and had nothing to do with ownership

Lafontaine was traded for a 21 year old 1st overall, soon to be HOF player who had just come off 100+ and 80 point seasons.

Gretz was traded for ownership money issues for sure, as he was traded for cash.

Messier was traded because he was 30 and didn't accept the 2 million dollar offer from Sather.

Lol.

Money, refused to pay ufa, stupid moves. Sound familiar ?

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Lol.

Money, refused to pay ufa, stupid moves. Sound familiar ?
I mean, I clearly stated that Gretz in 88' was due to money and Messier in 91' was due to not agreeing on a 2 million dollar contract didn't I?

What about the other 3 that I highlighted that were used as examples?

Not sure what stupid moves has to do with an ownership purging? There are stupid moves made all the time, they aren't mutually exclusive...

These examples are all being used as "purging of the core by ownership", in case you weren't aware.

Reactions: Stylizer1

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I mean, I clearly stated that Gretz in 88' was due to money and Messier in 91' was due to not agreeing on a 2 million dollar contract didn't I?

What about the other 3 that I highlighted that were used as examples?

Not sure what stupid moves has to do with an ownership purging? There are stupid moves made all the time, they aren't mutually exclusive...

These examples are all being used as "purging of the core by ownership", in case you weren't aware.

Did my post sound like an argument? Cause it's not if you weren't aware, just pointing out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad