Are there still people out there who oppose a boycott?

Do you support or oppose a boycott?

• Support

• Oppose

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Seriously?

With the way this team has been decimated what is the reason you would still support them with Melnyk in charge? Lebreton, players, coaches, STH, anyone who enjoy's hockey have to be on the same page by now, no? I have managed to barely watch 5 minutes of any game this season because of the incompetence shown by the organization. The teams media relations are a joke, the explanations for roster moves are dishonest, and an owner holding the city hostage in moving forward on a new rink is disgraceful.

The city should boycott all of next season to prove a point. Businesses and fans should just not go. Support the 67's and the Red Blacks for an entire season and wear your Sens Jersey to show were you are spending your sens dollars. On a game night if you decide to go to the movies wear your Jersey to show others where you are spending your hockey money. Heck even go to Fury FC games. Support everything else in the city to show Melnyk no one respects him.

Sucks for the players but I am sure they will understand and would boycott too if they could.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Fans screaming boycott sounds like a kid at a toy store throwing a tantrum for not getting what they wants

Gotta deal with the ups and down. It's part of life!

If you choose to boycott, then quietly leave, why lurk these forums?

Grizwald

Dec 19, 2017
Yes, of course, I'm still boycotting! It's my opinion the emptier the building the sooner Melnyk either goes bankrupt or is forced to sell. Melnyk has liquidated all his businesses - the Senators are all he has left. He's not a billionaire anymore, far from it, and he can't afford to own an NHL team with sold out crowds, let alone 10k per game. The fans and the corporate sponsors will lead the way by boycotting games as long as Melnyk remains owner. The emptier the building the quicker Melnyk is gone!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yes, of course, I'm still boycotting! It's my opinion the emptier the building the sooner Melnyk either goes bankrupt or is forced to sell. Melnyk has liquidated all his businesses - the Senators are all he has left. He's not a billionaire anymore, far from it, and he can't afford to own an NHL team with sold out crowds, let alone 10k per game. The fans and the corporate sponsors will lead the way by boycotting games as long as Melnyk remains owner. The emptier the building the quicker Melnyk is gone!
iu

Reactions: Liliaceae

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm trying to just turn my back on the franchise interest wise knowing there's no hope with Melnyk here, but it's difficult with all the juicy drama almost daily and having been a fan for 23 years.

Financially though, it's easy to make sure not to support them. Never another penny from me unless he sells will be my very small contribution to the boycott.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I dont really boycott the corporations like TSN ,they support the team with the best of intentions

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Fans screaming boycott sounds like a kid at a toy store throwing a tantrum for not getting what they wants

Gotta deal with the ups and down. It's part of life!

If you choose to boycott, then quietly leave, why lurk these forums?
But saying "if you don't like it, leave" is not childish at all.

Reactions: Deku

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
yes. well, I support making your own choice. I've had a few teams leave on me (Expos, Lynx, Rough Riders) and that feeling is worst than any heart ache thus far with the Sens. the situation sucks, but I want me kids to have a team to go for.
Really? The Sens are the worst of any of those teams you mention by far.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I am all for a rally or protest of some sort. I would do that. That would be a great message. It shows people’s passion and care for the team because it matters a lot and is important. I wouldn’t boycott. It sends the wrong message and I doubt the intentions of many who “boycott”.

I think you are either in or out. Just pick.

Reactions: ThreePosts

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I am all for a rally or protest of some sort. I would do that. That would be a great message. It shows people’s passion and care for the team because it matters a lot and is important. I wouldn’t boycott. It sends the wrong message and I doubt the intentions of many who “boycott”.

I think you are either in or out. Just pick.
A protest is the thing rich people point at and laugh. A boycott has them thinking about their money and worrying.

Reactions: Countdown0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad