Are there certain players over or under rated by points?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
To you, that is? Because an objective or 'True' answer is hard to give as players values are hard to determine. Points being the primary way of determining that value.

To me, a guy who is very underrated by looking at raw points is TJ Oshie. Helluva all around player while not being a top scorer in the league. Plays all situations, all zones and is 'clutch'. I would seriously consider taking him over someone like Phil Kessel, at least on certain teams.

And for a guy who is the opposite, i.e overrated by points I would say perhaps Jake Voracek. Very skilled player who facilitate offense and can score but doesn't put the puck in the puck of the net enough for me and over passes and questionable come playoff time. Tyler Seguin before playing a more complete game under Hitchcock I would say too. Kessel could always be an answer here.

Thoughts?

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
My own short list - sticking with forwards as they are generally judged more by points than defencemen other than the handful of #1D guys in the league:

Underrated: Couture, Stone, O'Reilly, Larkin, Schwartz, Granlund
Overrated: Kessel, Stamkos, Gaudreau, Marchessault, Bailey, Schenn

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kreider gets underrated a lot and people wonder why Rangers fans love him so much. It’s not about his point production

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad