Are there any good players that you would not want to join your favorite team?

Elvis P

WNBA fan since 1997
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Are there any good players that you would not want to join your favorite team? They can be past or present. Please assume that their addition to your team would not hurt it such as a bad trade. Assume they would be a draft pick or a free agent that would not wreck your salary cap. Bill Laimbeer is my choice.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Under your premise that it would not hurt my team then no. If he makes the team better then bring him on.

The only way I feel I'd really have an issue would be if someone had done something pretty bad off court.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Blake Griffin, James Harden, Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Derick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Demar Derozan, Hasaan Whiteside, Rudy Gay

All of those guys are either stat stuffers, major defensive liabilities, disappear in crunch time, or just have bad/selfish attitudes.

Last edited:

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Blake Griffin, James Harden, Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Derick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Demar Derozan, Hasaan Whiteside, Rudy Gay

All of those guys are either stat stuffers, major defensive liabilities, disappear in crunch time, or just have bad/selfish attitudes.

How about Boogie Cousins? :help:

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Some pretty damn great players in that list.

Talk about taking world class talent for granted. Lol.

Lol yes I suppose I should clarify.

If I were a fan of a team that was bad and just wanted some guys to make the team more watchable/entertaining I'd take any of those players in a heartbeat.

But as far as a competitive team goes, I don't think you can build a championship team with any of those guys as the focal points of the team.

As a Warriors fan, having dealt with terrible teams for the better part of the last 30 years I feel terribly spoiled now saying I wouldn't want to have those guys on my team. At any other point in my life I'd be more than happy to take any of them.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California

He's probably the next man up on that list but the main reason I didn't include him is because he's never really been given a fair shot at playing for a winner. Sacramento's FO and coaching situation has been a complete mess ever since he's been there and this is really the first season of his career that there is any form of stability on that team. I'll still give him a shot, no pun intended.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Why? You can point your finger towards some of the attitude issues he's had but then again the dudes had like 5 coaches in 6 seasons of playing in the NBA. His team has changed GMs almost as frequently and his owner makes stupid decisions all the time (lets trade Nik Stauskas, our recent top 10 pick, for cap space because we think a big money player will actually want to play here)

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Why? You can point your finger towards some of the attitude issues he's had but then again the dudes had like 5 coaches in 6 seasons of playing in the NBA. His team has changed GMs almost as frequently and his owner makes stupid decisions all the time (lets trade Nik Stauskas, our recent top 10 pick, for cap space because we think a big money player will actually want to play here)

Primadonna with SERIOUS attitude problems and a continous distraction to his team. Big red flag as far as I'm concerned. Avoid.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Primadonna with SERIOUS attitude problems and a continous distraction to his team. Big red flag as far as I'm concerned. Avoid.

Its hard when you have 6 coaches in 6 years, & 3 GMs in 6 years. You don't have anyone to help you adjust to NBA life and help you mature. Constant roster turnover doesn't help either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad