Are the Rangers too soft?

Kershaw

Don Cherry bashed the Rangers for playing like little school girls after their top players were being run around. Can't say I disagree, as much as I think he's a xenophobic idiot. This team is so soft.

Bardof425*

Torts is too soft. He doesn't believe in getting
Revenge. Fire him.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
For my money they sure are.

And it goes beyond staged fights and big hits. It's about being difficult to play against and this team has looked very soft mentally. The fire and fight that was there consistently in 11-12 and parts of 10-11 has been sorely lacking.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Quite frankly, Don Cherry would complain about them being too soft. How about the fact that they have shown no semblance of an offense since the Islanders game, I guess maybe the Caps game. This team has no offense. I'm less worried about toughness than their heart and skill, oh and coach.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Bad management, never get the toughness right, one of Slat's many negatives while GM.

Adding one goon every so often is not, will not ever be an example of true team toughness. McIlrath will not swoop in wearing a cape(or is it lab apron as the undertaker?), he is only one player. He's a good start, but overall toughness comes from allover the lineup so that you are protecting your own at ALL times.

Kershaw

Bad management, never get the toughness right, one of Slat's many negatives while GM.

Adding one goon every so often is not, will not ever be an example of true team toughness. McIlrath will not swoop in wearing a cape(or is it lab apron as the undertaker?), he is only one player. He's a good start, but overall toughness comes from allover the lineup so that you are protecting your own at ALL times.

I don't understand, we were the toughest team in the NHL last year. Physically dominated the Bruins a couple of times last year. What has happened?

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
When no-one is sticking up for their own teammates, ya I'd say they are soft.

This is where I miss a guy like Dubi

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009
doing nothing after your best defenseman gets boarded is bad. but the whole my goalie just got run I'd better go talk to that guy thing drives me out of my mind. start punching and ask questions later you morons. :rant:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
When no-one is sticking up for their own teammates, ya I'd say they are soft.

This is where I miss a guy like Dubi

Exactly. They don't need to be the Bruins, but they've GOT to stick up for their teammates, especially when those teammates are huge parts of the team and when they're hurt by blatantly careless plays.

wr50l

Nov 5, 2011
Toughness Test:

1. Do you bully the Bruins?
If yes) too tough.
If no) see question 2.

2. Do you stick up for your team, and occasionally get into line brawls with division rivals?
If yes) you're doing it right.
If no) see question 3.

3. Do you get bullied by the softest and smallest team in the NHL from Montreal?
If yes) you are too soft. Do something.
If no) could do better, but at least you aren't an embarrassment to yourselves, your fans and the organization as a whole.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City

Right. There simply isn't any regular forward willing to drop the gloves.

Stepan :laugh:
Hagelin (like ya but...:laugh: )
Kreider :laugh:
Richards :laugh:
Gaborik :laugh:
Boyle :laugh:

Callahan has done it before but can't really count on it.
Nash has too but more of a defending yourself way.

What a mess. :shakehead

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Should be our captain right now

nyr_121210_2136.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->