Are the Rangers a serious playoff contender?

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
How long ago was the letter sent to Ranger fans??

Panarin — Zibanejad — Kakko
Kravstov — — Buchnevich
Chytil — Andersson — Fast
Lemieux — Howden — Strome

Trouba — Skjei
Fox — Shatty
TDA — Staal

Hankie
Georgie/Shesty

Finish up a 2c. Can they put up a nice run? What a beauty Gorton/Sather has done with this organization

Reactions: BrassCompels

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
No, but they probably jumped the line a bit and are probably only a year away now.

Defense still needs some work. Skeji needs to bounce back, Shattenkirk sucks and Fox is still an unknown. That forward core looks damn good going forward though.

Reactions: imtheboy

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
Where's Kreider on the roster?

Though I do expect him to be traded.

I could see the Rangers competing for a playoff spot, not sure if they have enough to get in but it will be much more entertaining to watch them this year.

Edit: Where is Namestnikov?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
No Kreider on your roster?

He's probably a cap casualty at this point. Its going to be a tight fit to get Trouba and Buchnevich signed. Tony D and Lemieux need deals too, but I imagine they'll be much cheaper then the other two.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
No Kreider on your roster?
He is realistically the odd man out to be able to afford everyone. Trouba is going to sign for 7-8m. That leaves 1m to sign Buch Brandan Lemuix and Tony D. Buch around 3.5m Tony around 2.5m and Lemuix around 1.5m. Those should all be high end estimates. We would need to move Name's Krieder or Strome. Names can easily be traded but will need cap retained. Same with Strome. Kreider on the other hand can easily be moved with no cap coming back or retained.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Doubt they make the playoffs. Forward depth is lacking, and a very young and inexperienced team. Defence depth not that great either. Lundqvist was a .907 last year, and isn't getting any better or younger.

That said, in 2-3 years they will be one of the best teams in the league I think

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
How long ago was the letter sent to Ranger fans??

Panarin — Zibanejad — Kakko
Kravstov — — Buchnevich
Chytil — Andersson — Fast
Lemieux — Howden — Strome

Trouba — Skjei
Fox — Shatty
TDA — Staal

Hankie
Georgie/Shesty

Finish up a 2c. Can they put up a nice run? What a beauty Gorton/Sather has done with this organization
Outside of the first line and first D pair that lineup looks like a tire fire

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Not yet. Too many things need to pan out, but they're on the right track.

They still need a Top 6 center. Maybe Chytil fills that need, but until he does it's still a question mark. The defense still needs some work, and their prospects would have to really step up big time.

Reactions: egelband

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
since there is a long history of high profile players signing huge contracts with the Rangers only to disappoint, I will wait and see. The pressure on Panarin is going to be epic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->