Votes: 26 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yep. All this "playoff Bob, playoff Bob" derp da derp, while no doubt making people feel better, really means nothing. CBJ is a far superior team to our boys right now, that's what matters.

Until they prove they can beat us consistently I don't care what they're doing. The Devils have a worse roster and record than us but would anyone wanna play them in the playoffs?

Matchups matter. We play well against CBJ for whatever reason. Maybe Columbus can change that. But until they do, I have every confidence in our ability to beat them.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Until they prove they can beat us consistently I don't care what they're doing. The Devils have a worse roster and record than us but would anyone wanna play them in the playoffs?

Matchups matter. We play well against CBJ for whatever reason. Maybe Columbus can change that. But until they do, I have every confidence in our ability to beat them.

And if we are worried about the Jackets in the first round, might as well forget about a cup run. Opponents get way more difficult after that.

I dont care who they play or where. Its all about how the Pens play.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Without a doubt.

Yep. All this "playoff Bob, playoff Bob" derp da derp, while no doubt making people feel better, really means nothing. CBJ is a far superior team to our boys right now, that's what matters.

Columbus is far superior to the pens? That’s the funniest thing I’ve read in years.

Elite centers win championships, wake me up when the jackets find one.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Jackets have been playing better than the Pens as of late. Bob is a huge letdown in the playoffs though.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
And if we are worried about the Jackets in the first round, might as well forget about a cup run. Opponents get way more difficult after that.

I dont care who they play or where. Its all about how the Pens play.

Yeah, I'm tired of the "We have to avoid the Jackets! We have to avoid the Devils! We have to avoid Boston! We have to avoid the Leafs!"

STOP.

If you're thinking this way, then this team obviously isn't a real contender.

If this team's not good enough to go through the hardest possible path for them, then they aren't a contender.

Stack 'em up, and expect that this team's going to have to get through Jersey, Washington, and Boston.

Will they? Probably not. But I don't expect them to win this year (though it would be wonderful if somehow they do).

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY

They're a much better team than Pittsburgh right now.

Columbus is far superior to the pens?

Right now, absolutely. Zero doubt for anyone that's being honest.

Pens defense, PK and goaltending are butt right now. They remind me of CBJ going into the playoffs last year.

The Jackets have been playing better than the Pens as of late.

Immensely better. Won 11 of 12, been killing some teams. Pens have lost to the Rangers, Islanders and Red Wings in the past two weeks.

Last edited:

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
If you're thinking this way, then this team obviously isn't a real contender.

If this team's not good enough to go through the hardest possible path for them, then they aren't a contender.

Many of us don't think they are. Not sure why some people get so mad at the opinions of others.

The team won the last two Cups. It's not some enormously, epically epic outstanding outstanding failure if they don't win three in a row.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
They're a much better team than Pittsburgh right now.

Right now, absolutely. Zero doubt for anyone that's being honest.

Pens defense, PK and goaltending are butt right now. They remind me of CBJ going into the playoffs last year.

Immensely better. Won 11 of 12, been killing some teams. Pens have lost to the Rangers, Islanders and Red Wings in the past two weeks.

Who cares about right now? Do you think Columbus will beat the Pens in a 7 game series?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Jackets have been playing better than the Pens as of late. Bob is a huge letdown in the playoffs though.

I think a CBJ/Pittsburgh series is an absolute coin flip 50/50. I don't think Bob will be bad just because. I would be shocked if he was as bad as last year. I think they are playing very well and would be extremely difficult to beat. But I wouldn't make any team the favorite in that one. I'd put it at a pick-em.

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I think a CBJ/Pittsburgh series is an absolute coin flip 50/50. I don't think Bob will be bad just because. I would be shocked if he was as bad as last year. I think they are playing very well and would be extremely difficult to beat. But I wouldn't make any team the favorite in that one. I'd put it at a pick-em.

That's a fair assessment.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

If we have home ice we should be favored against just about anyone. We're ridiculously hard to beat at home.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Panarin killing us could make that series a coin flip. Favoring Columbus if Bob decides to not suck against us.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
OK, now the Capitals are losing at home to Carolina. It makes things a bit more interesting. Yes, they still have 5 pts on us but we have the tiebreaker, we still have them at home and they have 3 very tough games after that. At STL, vs NSH and vs NJD. They still have some work to do to clinch that division.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If we have home ice we should be favored against just about anyone. We're ridiculously hard to beat at home.

In the POs that hasn’t been true the past couple years....we’ve choked games at home and won big games of the road—Game 7 and game 6s in the SCF

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Still second best cup chances in the league, albeit with an 87% chance of someone other than the Pens winning the cup.

50/50 chance of making it to the conference finals.

Two in three chance of the second in the metro, one in four chance of third, small chance of first or wildcard.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
OK, now the Capitals are losing at home to Carolina. It makes things a bit more interesting. Yes, they still have 5 pts on us but we have the tiebreaker, we still have them at home and they have 3 very tough games after that. At STL, vs NSH and vs NJD. They still have some work to do to clinch that division.

The first tie breaker is ROW which they currently lead by 1. If we beat them it becomes equal so depends on the results of our other games.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
The first tie breaker is ROW which they currently lead by 1. If we beat them it becomes equal so depends on the results of our other games.
If we tie them at points, we definitely overtake that tiebreaker. That´s the point. We need to tie them and that´s it. I mean, if we win all four our games, imo we have maybe a 50% of a chance to take a division title because Caps can easily lose some of those games. But it´s tough, we need to win at Columbus too, that game will be very difficult.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
If we tie them at points, we definitely overtake that tiebreaker. That´s the point. We need to tie them and that´s it. I mean, if we win all four our games, imo we have maybe a 50% of a chance to take a division title because Caps can easily lose some of those games. But it´s tough, we need to win at Columbus too, that game will be very difficult.

Yup. I just woke up from a nap so wasn’t thinking the best. Of course our ROW would go above theirs if we caught them. It’s quite the long shot though. I think we’ll finish 2nd.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013

Still second best cup chances in the league, albeit with an 87% chance of someone other than the Pens winning the cup.

50/50 chance of making it to the conference finals.

Two in three chance of the second in the metro, one in four chance of third, small chance of first or wildcard.

I mean, I've liked his predictions, but min as the favorites? Come on now

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I mean, I've liked his predictions, but min as the favorites? Come on now

That's not MIN. That chart is ... difficult at best right now with all the possibilities shown. Will make more sense once the matchups are finalized.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
That's not MIN. That chart is ... difficult at best right now with all the possibilities shown. Will make more sense once the matchups are finalized.

Yeah, they use the same green for Minn, but that is Washington who has the best cup chance in his current model. Albeit with an 85% chance of it being a team other than Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad