Are the Ottawa Senators not as bad as people expected them to be?

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
Wow. What a nice thing to say.

What if Sens fans start hoping Tavares and Matthews crash into each other and both blow an ACL?

Just remember karma is a .....

Don't worry about poster - that kind of bitterness happens when you miss playoffs for many years in a row and when you get in you never even win one round.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Yea that’s the argument after every Leafs loss against the Sens. All they want to bring up is the advanced stats like it changes the outcome somehow.

The Leafs can have their "moral" victories. We'll take the 2 points.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Not sure. All I know is they beat a team who was thinking about the cool day off they had playing football, instead of playing hockey.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Vegas did it last year - anyone can

I know how annoying it is becoming to hear that - but it's true. Even "bad" teams can achieve results if they play very strong. So although it's likely they regress and have a shit year - it's definitely not unfathomable that they manage to compete all year either.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
They’re 2-2-1 and currently on pace for 82 points. That’d probably put them right on the edge of a bottom ten team. With a win tonight, they’d be on pace for about 96 points and the playoff bubble. With a regulation loss, 68 points and in the bottom 3.

I still expect them to struggle to break 80. Anyone expecting them to just lay down and die right out of the gate doesn’t really have a firm grip on the cap-era NHL.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They’re 2-2-1 and currently on pace for 82 points. That’d probably put them right on the edge of a bottom ten team. With a win tonight, they’d be on pace for about 96 points and the playoff bubble. With a regulation loss, 68 points and in the bottom 3.

I still expect them to struggle to break 80. Anyone expecting them to just lay down and die right out of the gate doesn’t really have a firm grip on the cap-era NHL.

Relying on youth is a strategy that typically works better at the beginning of seasons before the veterans who have been pacing themselves get up to speed and the grind kicks in.

If Ottawa wants to pile up points they'll have to do it before Christmas.

Reactions: tucker3434

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

So basically you're saying this is a huge game tonight? Now im nervous.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Six assets over-performing right now. That will level off. I expect much mediocrity punctuated by upsetting the leafs due to luck only.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
A bunch of young guys playing on pure adrenaline combined with zero pressure or expectations. I fully expect them to fade and finish in the bottom 10, that being said, it does look like they have enough going for them not to be a lock for dead last like many were predicting, myself included.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Shot Attempts were 80-40 Leafs. It was all Anderson...well both Andy's, one good, one in October form.
Fair and square yes. Beat down-far from it.

The Steve Dangle triumverate of young, fast, work, is paying off for the Sens and Habs

What was the number of shot attemps in that MTL-TOR game?

Reactions: FireDJ

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
A bunch of young guys playing on pure adrenaline combined with zero pressure or expectations. I fully expect them to fade and finish in the bottom 10, that being said, it does look like they have enough going for them not to be a lock for dead last like many were predicting, myself included.
That's probably the same thing with the Avs last season kids like Kerfoot, Girard, Jost probably didn't have alot of pressure. I imagine Landeskog in the first game of the season speech: "Well guys I guess we can't do worse than last season, let's do this." As an Avs fan that get somehow excited about that pick I never believed that Sens would finish dead last yes that could still happen but anything can happen in the league that it is getting harder to predict rankings. Of course Sens being a bottom feeder team this year would the cherry on the cake but we're already over the moon with Girard. For me it's better to lower your expectations to not end up sad or bitter :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->