Are the Ottawa Senators for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
2 empty net goals, and coming from an Isles fan, beating us is no accomplishment. We're trash.
Not sure though, haven't really seen anything from the Sens besides tonight.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
They're a team that can fight for 3rd in the division and a WC. I'm not seeing these yearly battles for final playoff spots helping them.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Sens are a bubble team who beat two bottom feeders, and lost in OT to an old sharks team that was on the tail end of a B2B.

Nothing to see here IMO.

Karlsson is awesome though.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
As a Sens fan, I don't feel like we've played well enough on a consistent basis to be a legitimate very good team. It would really help to have MacArthur back, a healthy Ryan and Anderson back full time. I think with everything in it's place, the team fully healthy would be a very good team in the East.

I'm not sure I really like our style of play but it has been effective. We rarely score the first goal in a game (30% of the time) so we find ourselves chasing the game way too often. I like when we defend up the ice but often we are hammered in our own zone just trying to protect a lead instead of driving the play which is not great to see as a fan.

We've had great goaltending so far from Andy and Condon so that's a big reason why we're in such great shape. PK and PP much better than last season, especially on the road. On the positive side, we give up a lot less quality shots on net than we used to and we, for the most part, stay out of trouble when it comes to odd man rushes.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Worse then Boston but not by much. Could be a playoff team

I mean Rask is saving Boston's D so far but I'm not sure he can keep that up for 82 games. His play this season has been spectactular.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I mean Rask is saving Boston's D so far but I'm not sure he can keep that up for 82 games. His play this season has been spectactular.

True Ottawa could be better but if that then they're probably just a first round exit

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Just as it was before the season and the last time this thread was made, the Sens are a bubble team who will challenge for a playoff spot and may or may not make it. If they do make it, they have a team that is reasonably well constructed for playoff hockey and could do some damage.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Why is there one of these threads every time a team wins a few games?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Is this a a ****ing joke now? Every time the Sens win more than one game in a row, someone starts a "Are the Sens for real?" thead, and every time the Sens lose more than one game in a row, someone starts a "Are the Sens falling back to earth?" thread.

News flash: Teams win or lose more than one game in a row over the course of the season. The fact of the matter remains that the Sens are still comfortably sitting in 2nd in the division. That hasn't changed for a couple months.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Lets see how "for real" they are on Tuesday night

Any of the teams from Canada win more than 1 game in a row and you can bet your life you'll see an "Are they for real?" thread. :laugh:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
No.

None of the Atlantic teams look that scary right now. Metro rules.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Lets see how "for real" they are on Tuesday night

Any of the teams from Canada win more than 1 game in a row and you can bet your life you'll see an "Are they for real?" thread. :laugh:

thats an interesting way to look at it

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
LMAO, you make a are they for real thread after they win when they just recently were on a losing streak. They are maybe the 6th best team in the east.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
24th in Goals for %
24th in Shots for %
24th in Corsi for %
26th in shooting %
13th in save %

10th in the NHL

Here are your 2013-14 Colorado Avalanche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad