Are the Oilers a playoff team in 2018-2019?

Are the Oilers a playoff team in 2018-2019?

• Total voters

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Anaheim is guaranteed to make the playoffs?

The only true locks in the West I'd say are Nashville and Winnipeg (at this point in time as a lot can change in the summer). Only lock to miss outright is probably Vancouver. West is wide open - if I were to guess at this point I'd say the Oilers are a bubble team. Everything went wrong last season - league average special teams and goaltending and they are probably on the bubble last year.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
The only true locks in the West I'd say are Nashville and Winnipeg (at this point in time as a lot can change in the summer). Only lock to miss outright is probably Vancouver. West is wide open - if I were to guess at this point I'd say the Oilers are a bubble team. Everything went wrong last season - league average special teams and goaltending and they are probably on the bubble last year.
As a Leaf fan I think the Oilers will be in. Larsson and Klef are way better than they were last yr.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
1 thing going for them is how garbage Pacific is.

Just improving bottom6 depth could get them in.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Locks: Winnipeg Jets and Nashville Predators
Semi-Locks: San Jose Sharks, Anaheim Ducks and Las Vegas Golden Knights
Outside Chance: Colorado Avalanche, Minnesota Wild, Los Angeles Kings, St. Louis Blues, Dallas Stars, Chicago Blackhawks, Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers (only 3 of these could get the final spots)
No Chance: Arizona Coyotes and Vancouver Canucks

I would give them a 37.5% chance of making the playoffs.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Lol no. That team will be in the basement again.

Poor McDavid. Has to carry these scrubs to even have a shot at winning a game. He's like LeBron with the Cavs.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Today? No they have no depth because they did Stupid things like trade Hall for #3 D man, giving away the Barzal pick and giving away Eberle

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I mean, it's prior to the draft and free agency and currently they have the same awful team as they did last year so I'd say no.
But I lot can change in the next two weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad