Are the New York Rangers fastest team to have done a rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
The problem is they have no cap space left already. A team in the middle of a rebuild with zero cap space is a problem.

The Rangers currently have over 4M in cap space. They have about 10M coming off the books next year, and another 19M the following season.

The only problem here is you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

You amongst others must’ve been on vacation July 1. This place was crawling with Rangers fans declaring the rebuild over.

But now that they’re still clearly very bad, there’s a lot of backtracking going on :laugh:

I suggest you check out the Panarin to the Rangers thread, for starters.

I read the Panarin thread. I saw some posters being optimistic, but the majority of Rangers fans realize the rebuild is far from finished.

Reactions: Stubu

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Please do and also ask Santa for a sense of humor for Christmas
There is no Santa.
giphy.gif

Reactions: dood and SteveH124

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I guess when the team makes the playoffs or can be considered a legit cup contender
when the team stops trying to tear it down I guess? idk its so arbitrary.

Not saying its the case but if the Rangers decide they have all the pieces they need now and just need to wait for the prospects to develop, and they are no longer going to "tank" or trade away players for picks, does that mean the rebuild is over even if they're not good right now?

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019

Not saying its the case but if the Rangers decide they have all the pieces they need now and just need to wait for the prospects to develop, and they are no longer going to "tank" or trade away players for picks, does that mean the rebuild is over even if they're not good right now?

I think that is when you are considered switching from rebuilding to building.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Dude my post was a month old

As far as your reply. It's not that easy.
Even if a team "decides" that they have all the pieces, that doesn't mean every piece is going to pan out.
Some prospects have a good year and are never the same. There are injuries, contract problems, etc.

I'll look for your reply on Christmas morning

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
like I said, imagine the destruction NYI would be reaping on the league right now with Panarin next to Barzal. NYR signing Panarin and keeping him off NYI was the Rangers gift to the rest of the division. You’re welcome..

How much more destruction is 1st place than........1st place.........? lol

Reactions: dood

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
I think rebuilding is luck. Sure you make good moves and good picks but still you dont choose which year you can draft high and who is in the free market. You just take the best available like now Kakko and Trouba. And the second pick was lucky sure. Next year you can be lucky again and add Lafreinere, Byfield or Lundell if the god is mercy.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I thought the Rags were finished re-building?

Are they starting another one??

:sarcasm::naughty::laugh:

Pretty sure the OP isn't even a Rangers fan, I dont recognize him at least. Seems most Rangers fans were pretty realistic about our situation. There have at least been enough positive signs already to know we are on the right track, but still are a team coming up on the 2 year anniversary of the start of the rebuild. A ton of work still to do but a lot of the pieces are already in place. Chytil, Fox, Lemiuex, DeAngelo, Georgiev etc. Panarin has been even better than expected and is clearly not going to flame out like many other big money UFA signings in the past.

Steady improvement is really all we could ask for at this point.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
I get you.

Yeah, they may grow and become successful together. I can't wish you too much luck, since I'm an Isles fan, but I hope your boys are happy and healthy! :thumbu::)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Pretty sure the OP isn't even a Rangers fan, I dont recognize him at least. Seems most Rangers fans were pretty realistic about our situation. There have at least been enough positive signs already to know we are on the right track, but still are a team coming up on the 2 year anniversary of the start of the rebuild. A ton of work still to do but a lot of the pieces are already in place. Chytil, Fox, Lemiuex, DeAngelo, Georgiev etc. Panarin has been even better than expected and is clearly not going to flame out like many other big money UFA signings in the past.

Steady improvement is really all we could ask for at this point.

Brace yourself... season is still young & Gaborik/Gomez also looked great their first season.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Rebuilding a little easier when u have a destination the arguable best free agent who leaves their team all time joins you (and bread man easily better than Tavaras). Shesterkin going to be a gem.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Since "the Letter":
a6dtjye96si21.png

InOut
Adam Fox2019 1st
Jacob Trouba2019 2nd
2021 3rd2020 cond. 3rd
2021 4thNeal Pionk
Nick EbertJimmy Vesey