Are the Lightning the Golden State Warriors of the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Finishing 2nd in the division with only 97 points is just as good as being first in the division by 14 points and being on pace for 131 points. And yea losing 2-1 in Game 7 of the ECF of is not even close to being in the finals.

But regardless, the most original analysis anyone can provide in this thread is that they haven't won a cup.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
They are a great team but also getting the most ridiculous of favourable refereeing calls if last night's game against the Sabres is any example. Just look at the last ten minutes--the phantom call against Eichel is the worst--but a blatant cross check to the face by Sergachev which drew blood did not get the usual 5 minutes and expulsion--and to keep things close the officials gave Larsson a penalty which was not signalled until it was discovered Sergachev had drawn blood. Tampa is too good a team to need help but I guess the better you are and the more experienced your team the more you get those calls.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
I was being sarcastic. Both teams get a lot of crap for not closing, but I remember too well of what it's like cheering for garbage teams. Both have provided good rides over the year.

Lightning aren't even comparable to the Raptors. Our lack of playoff success is completely overblown, we made the cup final in our second season with this group. We've gotten great performances from our stars in the playoffs. Definitely can't say the same thing about the Raptors.

Ah, my bad then. One huge difference in the comparison though. Hockey you need most of the team to to carry you to the Cup, basketball just 1-2 guys. At least this year we'll have Kawhi and a decent supporting cast.

Dec 19, 2008
NoVA
I think the Lightning and Warriors need to settle this. Basketball on ice best of 7!
There is already a sport for that:
tumblr_mcf7pdxtFe1r5cmwmo1_500.jpg

Reactions: CupsOverCash

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Again...until they win a cup they are nothing more than bridemaids. Lock the thread please. Ridiculous analogy.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
It's clear they've stopped playing at this point. It can be very difficult to stay motivated when every other team is so far below you. Honestly don't think we drop a single game in the playoffs this year.

I don't actually think the Golden State comparison is very good either since they often lose games even when trying. We pretty much have 0 losses on the season when we actually try. Better title would be: Are the Bolts the greatest sports team of all time? The answer to that would obviously be yes as well though.

Threads like these are truly a waste of time when everyone knows we are witnessing the greatest season in sports history. We could probably bench Kucherov in the playoffs and still go undefeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad