Are the Leafs going to wear brown gloves during the Winter Classic?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
When playing NHL 14 and selecting the Leafs Winter Classic jersey, I noticed they have the players wearing brown gloves and not their traditional blue ones. So I'm wondering for the Winter Classic are the Leafs players going to wear brown gloves or is that a mistake in the game?

MapleLeaf4ever

Feb 9, 2013
GTA
I hope not. No need to go totally vintage. Keep the pants and gloves they have on now. Vintage gloves and pants look like something I leave in public washrooms.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Gollly gee I hope not. Some of the other fanbases might make fun of us if we wear brown gloves.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
NHL 14 is probably the least reliable reference point for uniform changes, aside from the sweaters.

It seems to me like they put very little effort into the latest version - all they really did was update fighting and a few checking animations. The retro update is a joke - they just updated the ice to be light blue, changed the speed/shot power and added a few vintage sound effects.

The legends team and all-star rosters are the biggest joke of all. Half of the "legends" are still in the nhl today, and the only legit legends they included were Gretzky, Lemieux and Roenick. The all-star teams include some very questionable players. I was hoping they'd clean that up this season. It's pretty sad update for a game with so much history, but I guess its a drop in the bucket compared to Madden in the US, so their focus remains on that game. And perhaps they're waiting to make a these updates for NHL15 on XBox One or PS4, and didn't care much for the final version on the existing platforms.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Red Wings aren't wearing Brown Mitts.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=674064

Ya, if Detroit isn't going retro on their equipment, I doubt Toronto will be.

datsyuk looks like hes wearing his PJ's. Not a fan of one colour uniforms.

So you're not a fan of Toronto's uniform?

9l358.jpg

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
life is good being close to the top of the standings, we can now worry about **** like this GO LEAFS GO!

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
the only sadness I feel is Bolland may not be able to play in this game now.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
the only sadness I feel is Bolland may not be able to play in this game now.

yeah i actually thought about this and even if he is a super quick healer it would be pretty stupid to have him play on the outdoor rink ice surface if he is fresh off an injured ankle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad