Are the Jets STILL Frauds?

• Total voters

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
lmao
I don't like being right.

You certainly were. I don’t think I ever said anything directly to you but did think “man this guy is negative” so I owe you an apology. This team sucks — they pulled the wool over my eyes in the regular season.

Jets are a good team but not cup contenders, too many show ponies and not enough plow horses.
No they’re not good. Forget cup contenders I just want someone who actually shows up with some effort and makes a game of it in the playoffs. Why even play at all if this is how you’re going to show up for the real games?

Agree 100% with @Heldig team is screwed with seven year commitments to Scheifele and Fivebuyck for seven years when it should have been blown up. Now we know how Chevy “pulled off” those signings — clearly the rest of the league knows what we see now and did not want to sign them.

Reactions: jungles

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Agree 100% with @Heldig team is screwed with seven year commitments to Scheifele and Fivebuyck for seven years when it should have been blown up. Now we know how Chevy “pulled off” those signings — clearly the rest of the league knows what we see now and did not want to sign them.

No, you are wrong. Scheifele and Hellebuyck aren't an issue. Hellebuyck can only play the game that's in front, and Scheifele is only one person on a line. The problem is much deeper than them.

Reactions: Orrrules

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Colorado won the cup 2 years ago, have been a 100+ point team three years in a row, have gotten past the first round of the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years (4 out of 5 when they dispose of the Jets). So were the Avalanche frauds last year when they lost to the Kraken in an improbably first round game 7 loss? I don't think so. And neither are the Jets if we don't win the Cup this year. The question is posed in a way that if the Jets don't win or almost win the cup, they are frauds. That's horseshit. Is it that the Avs are just better than the Jets, yes.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
No, you are wrong. Scheifele and Hellebuyck aren't an issue. Hellebuyck can only play the game that's in front, and Scheifele is only one person on a line. The problem is much deeper than them.
For my money everyone has has sucked this playoffs, no one gets a free pass.

Whether the team culture can be completely changed while keeping Scheifele and Fivebuyck I think is a matter of opinion. Granted me don't know what's going on in the locker room; apparently Chevy doesn't think that Scheif and Fivebuyck are the issue, but I have no idea who he thinks is given how he's run back essentially the same roster for many seasons now. Nibbling around the edges with depth hasn't seemed to address the problems ... different complimentary players, same result.

But since you seem to have all the answers -- since Scheif and regular-season Vezina only guy aren't the problem, what (aside from coaching) changes will bear the fruit we're hoping for?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
But since you seem to have all the answers -- since Scheif and regular-season Vezina only guy aren't the problem, what (aside from coaching) changes will bear the fruit we're hoping for?

They need a second line center and an addition to their mid pairing in the worst way. Chef will eventually become a 2C before his contract is done, so will need a hit on a draft pick to get that 1C role, or have someone so ridiculously good at transition to do the heavy lifting so Chef can grind it out in the corners. Hopefully some of the draft picks will hit gold.

Reactions: sipowicz

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
They need a second line center and an addition to their mid pairing in the worst way. Chef will eventually become a 2C before his contract is done, so will need a hit on a draft pick to get that 1C role, or have someone so ridiculously good at transition to do the heavy lifting so Chef can grind it out in the corners. Hopefully some of the draft picks will hit gold.
We definitely need a legit 2C and much better Defence depth. I'm not convinced this is all that we need.

In terms of a legit 2C we need one who doesn't ghost us in the playoffs. Monahan clearly not the answer and we blew another first round pick on him reducing the chances of drafting anyone. I just hope they don't re-sign him unless its to be our 3C and Lowry's shutdown line becomes the 4th (doubt it).

I still feel there needs to be some major cultural changes. We thought Wheeler was the problem, maybe he was part of it, but not enough. Lowry has been my favourite player on the team since he was drafted, but at this point I'm fine jettisoning him. The leadership of this team should be gutted IMO but the consensus seems to be that Scheif and Morrisey are untouchable and not to blame so that only leaves Lowry who as captain deserves a large share of the blame for the team crumpling like single ply toilet paper come playoff time.

Last edited:
Reactions: sipowicz

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Oh yes, I am in no way suggesting that they should be absolved of all criticism. The entire team is underperforming by a substantial degree. All I'm saying is that they aren't the problem people think they are. They are arguably a large part of the solution, or at least they better be.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
For my money everyone has has sucked this playoffs, no one gets a free pass.

Whether the team culture can be completely changed while keeping Scheifele and Fivebuyck I think is a matter of opinion. Granted me don't know what's going on in the locker room; apparently Chevy doesn't think that Scheif and Fivebuyck are the issue, but I have no idea who he thinks is given how he's run back essentially the same roster for many seasons now. Nibbling around the edges with depth hasn't seemed to address the problems ... different complimentary players, same result.

I disagree. I think Morrissey has been good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad