Are the Hawks Doing Some Incognito Market Testing of Getting Rid of the Indian Head?

HereCometheHawks

O Captain My Captain
Nov 7, 2011
Just got an email with the "Holiday Gift Guide". Of the 9 items on there (besides the 17 seconds DVD/Book), only one has the Indian Head featured prominently, there is a shirt with the Chicago flag, and a small Indian Head towards the bottom. The majority of the shirts have the logo of the WWI Black Hawk unit.

Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but I figured the best logo in sports would be something you'd really rely on to move merchandise.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I think you're pretty clearly reading too much into it.

Looks like they're just trying to promote a new merchandising angle, aka their patriotic name origin.

Would like to see the four feathers logo on one of the shirts getting a bit more focus, too. Love that, which is why I own it on a hat already.

picture.php

arsenalgooner

Nov 2, 2011
Just got an email with the "Holiday Gift Guide". Of the 9 items on there (besides the 17 seconds DVD/Book), only one has the Indian Head featured prominently, there is a shirt with the Chicago flag, and a small Indian Head towards the bottom. The majority of the shirts have the logo of the WWI Black Hawk unit.

Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but I figured the best logo in sports would be something you'd really rely on to move merchandise.

Was just in the Blackhawks Store on Michigan Ave on Sunday. Just about every piece of apparel in there features the Hawks logo or feathers prominently.

They've had those WWI unit shirts in the store on a small rack for a while.

I think there's nothing to see here.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Not spending a dime on the team the rest of my life if they change the logo.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Blasphemy alert: For a while I've wished there was a black alternate jersey with the tomahawks C logo on the front in place of the Indian head. The four feathers would then take the place of the tomahawks on the shoulders.

This reminds me though.. when are they announcing the stadium series jersey?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Nothing official yet, but at least per some interweb rumblings it'll be the Chromehawks logo on a black sweater with some of the odd Reebok designs on there (such as the striping not going all the way around the arm).

Probably won't be too bad, but probably won't be as good as the black alts that we used to wear prior to the Winter Classic ones.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Nothing official yet, but at least per some interweb rumblings it'll be the Chromehawks logo on a black sweater with some of the odd Reebok designs on there (such as the striping not going all the way around the arm).

Probably won't be too bad, but probably won't be as good as the black alts that we used to wear prior to the Winter Classic ones.

I'm sure it'll have that collarbone panel like all the rest of them, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad