marchand.gif

849871518.gif

Marchand.gif

raskbwahahaha.gif

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yup...
Winning at all costs has made Diving/Embellíshing an integral part of the sport.
The same way it turned body checking (once an art) into destroy your opponent,maim,hurt.
Some are much better at it than others.
It needs to be addressed at the GM's conference, fines should be levied both to players and teams and escalate for repeat offenders. The only recourse currently is in the individual referee's hands. The problem with that is they all have collective memories and personal memories or books if you will. Some times blatant infractions will not be called based on these books. It's not an ideal way to officiate particularly in the real season.

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
See what I mean about a fan base that can't admit that their team dives, too ?

So you talking about the Habs or the Bruins? Those examples are years ago in the above video and the examples provided against the Bruins are from recent years/games. I admit that we embellish but I have not seen a single over the board dive from Habs this year. Little drama from highstick is natural but faking a knee injury on wrong leg, wth?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
One thing that I find particularly hilarious is how Chara isn't seen as a diver. That guy has to be among the worst in the league. Just embarrassing seeing that in Detroit and what's worse is he gets the call...

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
ex-Hab Claude Lemieux invented the dive but he's sure as **** got a lot of followers around the league

Hockey players are tough as nails, play with broken bones, get stitched up on the bench and barely miss a shift, yet you graze their head with a stick and the head flips back like a Pez dispenser, yard sale with the gloves and stick and they start scratching old shaving wounds or squeezing zits to get a molecule of blood

Refs fall for it and the league has done basically nothing to discourage it so why not but anyone claiming the Habs are any worse than any other team are full of crap

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Thank you ;)

Still remember the time Pat Burns refused to let the trainer go out to tend to Lemieux when he was lying on the ice and his teammates skated away from him cause they all had enough of his BS, if more teams took that attitude towards their own might stand a chance of not making the NHL Soccer-Lite

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
chara doesn't really dive, he just has horrible balance, he's constantly falling, during fights, battles in the corner's, he's just easy to knock off balance.. unless he's expecting to be hit etc he's gonna fall

The guy dives...why is it so hard to just admit it. Most recent example, please explain why he reaches behind him with his arm and makes contact with Bertuzzi. Is that a new method for skating backwards? Did he put the arm back to act as a windbreaker so he can compensate for his size and skate back faster?
849871518.gif

Basically this is what makes people give Bruins and their fans so much flack about diving. Everyone knows every team has divers. Players embellish, just the reality of referees not calling penalties unless they see something result from an action. Bruins management, fans, media, and their players act holier than thou as advocates that regularly call it out as some sort of outside problem yet their players STILL do it knowing people will be watching them closer. The players literally come out as say that they don't tolerate it yet here we have a TON of examples proving numerous players on the team in fact do it. Imagine how much they'd dive/embellish without that hanging over their heads.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
No more than any other team.

Diving has become part of hockey (a stain, really) and anyone who accuses other teams of being divers without looking at his own is a hypocrite.

This, I just don't see how the Habs do it anymore more or less than any other team out there. Most players will add a little something if they are in a situation to draw a penalty. Sometimes they pay for it by being penalized also.

Dfresh429

Dec 5, 2006
Yes. Like every team in the league. Even the Big Bad Bruins.
shawn-thornton-dive-o.gif

That gif is awesome. Can't help but laugh at that one.

As a Bs fan, I mean this sincerely. This thread is awesome. I feel like a huge amount of my MTL rage has melted away after reading it.

Now its my turn. Marchand is a diving fool. I can't stand it when he does it. It is so unnecessary and transparent. Pisses me off. And Chara too...wtf.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
chara doesn't really dive, he just has horrible balance, he's constantly falling, during fights, battles in the corner's, he's just easy to knock off balance.. unless he's expecting to be hit etc he's gonna fall
Horrible balance? Yeah... right.

I guess that's the problem with Brad Marchand too.

Good thing with all that horrible balance he manages to steer himself directly into other players so they can catch him as he falls...

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
So Claude Lemieux was one guy on that team that did it and he was chastised by his teammates and coach for doing it.

The Bruins have over half a dozen that do it and they fully accept it despite publicly denouncing other teams doing it. Total hypocrisy.
Claude Lemieux went down in a heap during one game and Pat Burns refused to send out a trainer... His antics were not popular here.

And btw, hockey's been around much longer than since 1986. Claude Lemieux was hardly the first guy to ever take a dive. He just did it with the most flair. For every Claude Lemieux there was a Ken Linseman...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad