Are the Flames a serious Cup threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
8 point lead in the Western conference now, despite taking the last month or so sightly easier than usual.

Goal differential of +64, with the next best team in the West at 26. Second in league behind Tampa.

My biggest worry now, is that the top line has been resting lately, and may come out flat.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
They have 5 players at a PPG or higher.

They have another 5 players on pace for 30-50 points.

They are a very deep team with lots of high end talent.

Yes goaltending could be an issue.

As an update.

The Flames finished with 5 players with 70 points or more.

... And 6 with 30 points or more, assuming that Bennett, who's pace was over 30 in an 82 game season, does not get 3 or more points tonight.

Additionally players like Andersson and Mangiapane have found their game in the second half. Neal also has 4 points in the last 5 games and 11 in his last 19, so maybe he's finding his game again at just the right time.

This is a deep team.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Additionally players like Andersson and Mangiapane have found their game in the second half. Neal also has 4 points in the last 5 games and 11 in his last 19, so maybe he's finding his game again at just the right time.

This is a deep team.

One of the best 4th lines currently with Mangiapane-Ryan-Hathaway

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
One of the best 4th lines currently with Mangiapane-Ryan-Hathaway
The team is just built well top to bottom.

The third line of Neal, Bennett, and Jankowski is a great energy/physical line.

The second line is one of the best shut down lines in the league, and they are a huge secondary scoring threat.

This has been the most entertaining season of Flames hockey since the early 90s.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
I think they are. I can see them making the finals. Beating Tampa is another question though. But it’s a challenge for every team Tampa seems to be on another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad