Speculation: Are the Devils making a big mistake holding onto Hall?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I've commented a few times that I'm happy that the owners spent this summer and am happy to be (looking like) wrong on that issue. Was always happy to be wrong. You may not see it because I'm not allowed on the Devils boards anymore, but I've posted it here a few times. There is a way that people who have the time and motivation for it can search past tweets. If you don't know you can ask @Triumph for help. If you do you'll see it.

EDIT: I didn't notice the "where were you this summer" line. But again. I was here on main board. Thats where you have go when you are interested in the devils but also in independent thought and don't believe that everything is great all the time.

You've been wrong a bunch, including this morning with the asinine take that cap teams would not be able to contend for Hall because it just doesn't happen. But I can see we've just breezed past that.

are we thinking of the same Devils board? the one that complains about everything and anything no matter what? i'd much rather post there then on the main board, at least it's with my fellow Devils' fans, but it's the furthest thing from all sunshine and rainbows

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
The Oil are gonna have a load of cap space and basically just Nurse and Kassian to sign next year. They could be in luck

Hall RNH Draisaitl Neal McDavid.

Almost Guaranteed a cup even with a half ass defense.

Bouchard and Broberg will cure that within 2 years if they are added to Nurse , Klefbom and Larsson

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Hall RNH Draisaitl Neal McDavid.

Almost Guaranteed a cup even with a half ass defense.

Bouchard and Broberg will cure that within 2 years if they are added to Nurse , Klefbom and Larsson
You put Neal in there.:biglaugh:

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Oilers fans are really deluding themselves into thinking he'd want to go back there, huh?

wild times.

There is a lot of Oiler fans, much like leaf fans, who are deluded to believe every player who is ever available via trade or FA wants to play there, and when they don’t they blame management for not getting it done.
Trust me, being a fan I read it all the time.

There is literally no way Hall we be an Oiler at next July 1, or probably ever again.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
are we thinking of the same Devils board? the one that complains about everything and anything no matter what? i'd much rather post there then on the main board, at least it's with my fellow Devils' fans, but it's the furthest thing from all sunshine and rainbows

I don't know what to tell you. I've been banned from the devils board. Never cursed, I don't think I personally insulted anybody. I'm fine posting here, esp where I'm free to dunk on the "hear no evil, see no evil" Devils fans like one who think contending teams will have no access to Taylor Hall because they dont have cap space. Ha.

But people are trying to use the "where were you" thing... thats where I was.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
There is a lot of Oiler fans, much like leaf fans, who are deluded to believe every player who is ever available via trade or FA wants to play there, and when they don’t they blame management for not getting it done.
Trust me, being a fan I read it all the time.

There is literally no way Hall we be an Oiler at next July 1, or probably ever again.
Well, blaming the Oilers management has a long history for good reasons.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't know what to tell you. I've been banned from the devils board. Never cursed, I don't think I personally insulted anybody. I'm fine posting here, esp where I'm free to dunk on the "hear no evil, see no evil" Devils fans like one who think contending teams will have no access to Taylor Hall because they dont have cap space. Ha.

But people are trying to use the "where were you" thing... thats where I was.

If you think that I am a "hear no evil, see no evil" Devils fan, you are really even more out to lunch then I thought.

Like I've said, you only show up here when there are negative based stories about the Devils. I'm not the only one that has noticed this. Its pretty evident what your "agenda" is.

Reactions: HBK27

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
If you think that I am a "hear no evil, see no evil" Devils fan, you are really even more out to lunch then I thought.

Like I've said, you only show up here when there are negative based stories about the Devils. I'm not the only one that has noticed this. Its pretty evident what your "agenda" is.

Even if that were true, its not justification for not allowing someone to not post on the board and you and whoever else has "noticed" my supposed negativity toward the Devils do not and should not govern the website. By the way the team has missed the playoffs 6 of 7 years and finished 3rd to last in the NHL last year.

But as I've said - I dont "show up" at any particular time. I'm on main board consistently because thats is what I have access to.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Even if that were true, its not justification for not allowing someone to not post on the board and you and whoever else has "noticed" my supposed negativity toward the Devils do not and should not govern the website. By the way the team has missed the playoffs 6 of 7 years and finished 3rd to last in the NHL last year.

But as I've said - I dont "show up" at any particular time. I'm on main board consistently because thats is what I have access to.

I'm not a mod so I don't really know why you're bringing that up to me? I'm not the one that banned you.

Devils have been bad recently because the prior regime left them with the worst roster/prospects in the NHL. We're just now finally starting to get back to above average in that regard. Good on Shero.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
I'm not a mod so I don't really know why you're bringing that up to me? I'm not the one that banned you.

Devils have been bad recently because the prior regime left them with the worst roster/prospects in the NHL. We're just now finally starting to get back to above average in that regard. Good on Shero.

You replied to a post citing my posting history and then questioned "where have you been" since a good summer for the devils. I'm not coming to you, you came to me. And I'm telling you where I've been, since you asked. I've been here on the main board. Again, you can look it up if you want.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
The start of the season not looking good for this. I know it is only 6 games, but no wins so far for the Devils. Hall also has 3 points in 5 games. Returning to the original point of the thread, when should the Devils look to move Hall? Is it worth it to wait for the trade deadline or can they get max value now?

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
The start of the season not looking good for this. I know it is only 6 games, but no wins so far for the Devils. Hall also has 3 points in 5 games. Returning to the original point of the thread, when should the Devils look to move Hall? Is it worth it to wait for the trade deadline or can they get max value now?

I’d start shopping him now and seeing what he’d fetch. He looks like he has no interest in being around. Maybe he’s just rusty after coming back from injury but it doesn’t look good.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I thought there was no chance they'd trade Hall, but I also thought there's no chance we'd be this bad. Stick with the plan until the 30 game mark at least.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

Might be better off keeping him, his value is in the lottery where his teams can seemingly never lose.

In all seriousness, depends how their November goes. Might not have to wait until the trade deadline to realize the season is lost, at which point trade talks would start. I think Shero is too shrewd to let him just walk away, unless they have a really good shot at the playoffs

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->