Are the Capitals the new New Jersey Devils?

FirewagonChange

Oct 8, 2014
Maybe it's the Trotz effect, but boy are they defensive and boring to watch. I do give Trotz credit for turning around this team and Ovechkin, but they're a far cry from Boudreu's Capitals entertainment wise.

Meatwad

Feb 17, 2004
Vancouver
The same NJ Devils that came 2nd in goals in 2000 and led the east in goals, same with the 2001 Devils that lead the league in goals. The Devils teams that won the 3 cups while having the same key players were won by different overall team make ups and coaches.

Sure they were always good defensively but you can't fault a team for that. And those playoff teams were exciting to watch IMO, a much more physical brand of hockey than we have today.

Buzzo

Oct 5, 2009
Maybe it's the Trotz effect, but boy are they defensive and boring to watch. I do give Trotz credit for turning around this team and Ovechkin, but they're a far cry from Boudreu's Capitals entertainment wise.

They're also a far cry from Boudreau's Capitals in actually being something resembling a well rounded and competent team. I'd rather be boring and winning than exciting and dumped in the 2nd round every year.

Leave the excitement for the regular season - I don't think Caps fans care about being exciting anymore.

tim_*

The Caps are puck control, passing etc. is mesmerizing, both offensively and defensively. I'm not sure how you can consider that boring.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA

Oh so sorry you're not entertained:sarcasm:

Caps play a physical forecheking game with a great cycle game in the offensive zone. Whats boring about that? You must be new to hockey

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Tonight's game was boring and crowd was quiet, might be the microphones though. I also think the play by play guy was boring to so just overall it wasn't that exciting. Should had put Emerick as the play by play to drum up some excitement.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Tonight's game was boring and crowd was quiet, might be the microphones though. I also think the play by play guy was boring to so just overall it wasn't that exciting. Should had put Emerick as the play by play to drum up some excitement.

Sorry, but Emerick just driiiiives me insane :sarcasm:

I don't think the Caps are the Devils, they just have a lot of grinders on their team and play to their strengths.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA

msg was way way quieter than the coliseum

There was definitely something funky going on with the audio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad