Are the Canucks bringing back the season ticket holder town hall sessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
They stopped doing them this year and never seemed to release a statement as to why they stopped, are they going to start doing them again?

After getting ripped to shreds by the fans I highly doubt they are bringing them back. I really hope they do though, I have some comments I would like to make to them directly.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I suspect it's because despite their crude feign optimism for this team and self-denial, they know in their hearts their lies fooled no man - not even themselves.

If they hold a town hall session this season, these clowns will be pulverized by the fans in about 3 minutes.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
When is the last time Jim Benning, Trevor Linden or even Francesco Aqualini took calls on the radio from fans? Most teams have management or ownership that do this. Not this cowardly bunch though.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
It's amazing how the people in management are able to function without any spines. or brains

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The slightest amount of scrutiny will blow over their house of crappy scouted cards.

EXACTLY like how Trump is contemplating on ending his press briefings.

We won't be seeing any Town Hall sessions for awhile.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The fact they cancelled these basically because they couldn't take the heat remains hilarious.

The stories that came out in the media about the fan interaction with managment were amazing.

I think this was around the time everyone realized these guys were incompetents.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
They should bring it back.
Have Benning, Linden and Aquaman go on stage and do the Crip Walk holding up the 'W' sign while Fin wears a big golden chain throwing up a HOLLA at the fans.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
The fact they cancelled these basically because they couldn't take the heat remains hilarious.

The stories that came out in the media about the fan interaction with managment were amazing.

I think this was around the time everyone realized these guys were incompetents.

I still remember their first Summer Summit. Coming off the rotten 2014 season where the Canucks scored one of the fewest goal totals in franchise history I asked them where the offense was going to come from going forward. Benning's response was gold. Vrbata, Vey, and Bonino.

Fast forward a couple years: Vrbata ended up being a player they couldn't give away, Vey is no longer in the league, and they dumped Bonino for a worse C.

That was the same Summit where someone suggested tearing it down and rebuilding the team, suggesting that we're smart hockey fans and we "don't want to become the Calgary Flames." Benning's response was "the fans here are too passionate to let that happen."

My question to Benning this year would be: Can you please explain how what you have done the past 3 years has been any better than a well designed rebuild, similar to one that Toronto has executed.

You have stated that you want to make the playoffs, and also develop prospects in a winning environment, yet your efforts to achieve this has resulted in a bottom 3 teams two years in a row, at what point do you step aside and let someone else handle the job of building this hockey team?

No sugar coating, and no arguing about player assessment. Simply using what they have stated, as well as their results, against them.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
... I have some comments I would like to make to them directly.

Iirc you advocate not spending any money on the team (at least during the regime of the current management) and don't yourself. If that recollection is accurate, does your company have season tickets? If not, do you qualify to get into the town hall forum for season ticket holders? I accept from what you say that you'd get in but am curious about how.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Iirc you advocate not spending any money on the team (at least during the regime of the current management) and don't yourself. If that recollection is accurate, does your company have season tickets? If not, do you qualify to get into the town hall forum for season ticket holders? I accept from what you say that you'd get in but am curious about how.
IIRC, a season ticket holder who posts here gave their spot to him at least once. But I could be wrong.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
IIRC, a season ticket holder who posts here gave their spot to him at least once. But I could be wrong.

This.

I've been lucky enough to get tickets from generous people on this board (Billvanseattle, and there was another poster who's name I can't remember), as well my buddy's work had season tickets so he was able to get tickets to the events through them but since he changed jobs he doesn't have that hookup anymore.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
i will admit i donno who thought they could lie to knowledgable fans but it makes the managment look like amateur hour for sure not having a response to their decisons.

really its quite easy to point to carolina nyi and colorado as to why you need to compete for the playoffs and not get complacent or your team just becomes mud

then saying stuff like toronto and edmonton made the playoffs a combined 1 time in 20 years

theres an easy response to their plan but theyre useless at being honest

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
i will admit i donno who thought they could lie to knowledgable fans but it makes the managment look like amateur hour for sure not having a response to their decisons.

really its quite easy to point to carolina nyi and colorado as to why you need to compete for the playoffs and not get complacent or your team just becomes mud

then saying stuff like toronto and edmonton made the playoffs a combined 1 time in 20 years

theres an easy response to their plan but theyre useless at being honest

I think Oiler and Leaf fans are quite happy with where their teams are at right now.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
This.

I've been lucky enough to get tickets from generous people on this board (Billvanseattle, and there was another poster who's name I can't remember), as well my buddy's work had season tickets so he was able to get tickets to the events through them but since he changed jobs he doesn't have that hookup anymore.

I wouldn't give a friend a game to a Canucks game under this management team. I believe it violates several clauses of the Geneva Convention against cruel & unusual punishment.:sarcasm:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I wouldn't give a friend a game to a Canucks game under this management team. I believe it violates several clauses of the Geneva Convention against cruel & unusual punishment.:sarcasm:

I refused his tickets to go to a game.

Though I did get a couple tickets through family (tough love?) so went to a game with my dad this year for a father-son night out. Was fun cheering on Patrik Laine against the Canucks (the Canucks lost that game against the Jets that I went to).

Didn't spend a single nickle at Roger's Arena, and in fact my presence cost them money. I made sure I had one of their programs, I used a lot of toilet paper in the bathroom, lots of pumps of soap washing my hands (cuz hygiene), and made sure I thoroughly dried my hands with their paper towels.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I refused his tickets to go to a game.

Though I did get a couple tickets through family (tough love?) so went to a game with my dad this year for a father-son night out. Was fun cheering on Patrik Laine against the Canucks (the Canucks lost that game against the Jets that I went to).

Didn't spend a single nickle at Roger's Arena, and in fact my presence cost them money. I made sure I had one of their programs, I used a lot of toilet paper in the bathroom, lots of pumps of soap washing my hands (cuz hygiene), and made sure I thoroughly dried my hands with their paper towels.

Last time I went to an Orca game I took a Chinese gal who liked basketball but knew not much about hockey. I told her we're gonna win and there's gonna be lots of hits, fights and it's gonna be exciting.

There were no (good) hits, there were no fights, the game was flat as hell and Orcas lost 4-0 (I think it was Orcas hosting the Ducks but I honestly can't remember). The girl looked bored out of her mind and so was I.

Salvaged the night with a nice dinner, thank ****ing god...

Don Aman

May 5, 2017
Last time I went to an Orca game I took a Chinese gal who liked basketball but knew not much about hockey. I told her we're gonna win and there's gonna be lots of hits, fights and it's gonna be exciting.

There were no (good) hits, there were no fights, the game was flat as hell and Orcas lost 4-0 (I think it was Orcas hosting the Ducks but I honestly can't remember). The girl looked bored out of her mind and so was I.

I think I went to this exact game. It was my then girlfriend's first time watching an NHL game live and it was an absolute dud.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Valkynax "great evening" consists of being able to hold her hand when driving her home.:sarcasm::naughty:

(and I say this while I myself spent the past weekend alone & dateless :cry:)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
They heard that Tambir was preparing some new material, and decided to cancel?:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad