Are the 2018-19 Tampa Bay Lightning the best regular season team in the cap era?

Are the 2018-19 Lightning the best regular season team in the salary cap era?

• Total voters

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The Caps? Not really. Classic offense-only mentality that usually cannot deliver when things tighten up.

The caps were good, they happened to face one of the best goaltending performances in the past 15 years....

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I voted no. This team is incredible but some other teams stand out to me as ones that won a cup. Off the top of my head the Pens that won 2 in a row is better. I mean would you put money on this Lightning team winning 2 Cups in a row? Not easy at all to do. Any team that does that deserves to be crowned.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I voted no. This team is incredible but some other teams stand out to me as ones that won a cup. Off the top of my head the Pens that won 2 in a row is better. I mean would you put money on this Lightning team winning 2 Cups in a row? Not easy at all to do. Any team that does that deserves to be crowned.
Title says best regular season team. Tough to find too many comparables to the regular season this team is having. What happens in the playoffs remains to be seen.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Title says best regular season team. Tough to find too many comparables to the regular season this team is having. What happens in the playoffs remains to be seen.

Yea I think its good to differentiate the two. However I just think a team that wins 2 in a row you cant count out. Even if they didnt have as good a regular season as we did. Technically our team has had better reg seasons but hard to argue how good they were compared to us.

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
Are we just forgetting about the lockout shortened 12-13 Hawks who went 36-7-5? They didn't get a chance to do it for a full season, but that was the most unstoppable I've ever seen a team look in the regular season. I'm not saying they're the best, but they should certainly be getting consideration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad