GDT: Are Some Trades Bruin(s)? (Boston @ Anaheim, 7pm PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I've been sick for the last day and missed the game. How bad was it? Judging by DVM's comment, the team relapsed back into passivity?

IMO, they actually played pretty well for 40 minutes last night and you could make the argument that they were the better team for the first 2 periods. But they just can't score, no execution offensively.

Reactions: Exit Dose

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I missed the game because I am playing in a tournament this weekend.... looks like we are back to good ol ducks again though.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Marchand climbs on Hampus Hampus called Marchand embellishes being hurt

Hampus suspended by Parros two games

OT. Supposedly Parros will be at Scotty's jersey retirement tomorrow. I'd love to boo him, but it wouldn't be appropriate to do that at a ceremony honoring Scott. Unless Scott asked Parros to be there, why did the Ducks think that would be a good idea. Boo!

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
We need a thread for the tank fetishists so this crap can stop infecting every GDT.
In other team boards the Tanking either belongs in a specific thread or not at all.
The Habs board for example you can't talk tanking anywhere.

If there weren't so many Centers in the draft i think the tanking wouldn't be as loud here, if there was just Hughes as a Center in the top 10 draft prospects then it'd be really hard for them to get a chance at a 1C prospect in the draft.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
OT. Supposedly Parros will be at Scotty's jersey retirement tomorrow. I'd love to boo him, but it wouldn't be appropriate to do that at a ceremony honoring Scott. Unless Scott asked Parros to be there, why did the Ducks think that would be a good idea. Boo!
How many people in attendence will know that Parros is the BanHammer of the NHL now ? i imagine most there will be happy to see him not knowing he's the BanHammer of the NHL.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
How many people in attendence will know that Parros is the BanHammer of the NHL now ? i imagine most there will be happy to see him not knowing he's the BanHammer of the NHL.

yeah only a small number of fans would actually know parros was the one behind suspending cogs. he'll unfortunately get a standing O

i wish i could go to boo the **** out of him. no longer a duck in my mind

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
yeah only a small number of fans would actually know parros was the one behind suspending cogs. he'll unfortunately get a standing O

i wish i could go to boo the **** out of him. no longer a duck in my mind
Yeah true. On the flipside the Oilers board went nuts when Parros didn't suspend Lindholm for that small tap that sent McDavid into the boards, they called Parros being a member of the Ducks still.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Yeah true. On the flipside the Oilers board went nuts when Parros didn't suspend Lindholm for that small tap that sent McDavid into the boards, they called Parros being a member of the Ducks still.

yeah canucks fans threw a fit over the getzlaf collision with virtanen and said the same thing

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Even in a chase for a high draft pick, all this losing is bad for the long-term health of the franchise.

A bunch of forwards that we are committed to for years look either past their prime or like they can’t keep up in the modern NHL. Guys we *need* to be good if we are going to have any chance in the next four years are complete offensive black holes now.

Our odds of the no. 1 pick going up a couple of percentage points isn’t enough to make all that a good thing.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I think that I'd be more sympathetic if there was a McDavid in this draft, but I haven't read anything of the sort, nor seen anything of it. The top players in this draft could easily whiff in the NHL. As Kyle says, this team falling apart does not portend its ascension.

Reactions: Deuce22

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I think that I'd be more sympathetic if there was a McDavid in this draft, but I haven't read anything of the sort, nor seen anything of it. The top players in this draft could easily whiff in the NHL. As Kyle says, this team falling apart does not portend its ascension.
I would agree with you if we didn't have such an outstanding amateur scouting and development department. The odds of a top guy "whiffing" is probably quite small. Not meeting expectations? Sure, but that's baked into all prospects. The top guys are the top guys because the odds of that are smaller.

This team is falling apart regardless. Getting a higher pick gives us better odds of being a better team in the future than not, that's all.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada

For me, I think that our team is WAY better than they've shown this year. So if we add high-end talent at the draft and some of our young guys develop into decent middle six (or better) players then we are right back into contention next year.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I would agree with you if we didn't have such an outstanding amateur scouting and development department. The odds of a top guy "whiffing" is probably quite small. Not meeting expectations? Sure, but that's baked into all prospects. The top guys are the top guys because the odds of that are smaller.

This team is falling apart regardless. Getting a higher pick gives us better odds of being a better team in the future than not, that's all.

Falling apart does not mean that you're going to have a better odds for the future. This league has a pretty extensive history of teams not getting that. Our odds of improvement can sink regardless of higher draft position. I've seen what your line of thinking results in, and the results are hilarious when you're not the fan of that particular team.

Compounding it is that if Murray does what most here are advocating, shedding various players to add even more draft picks, it's going to be fun watching the freak out at what results over the coming seasons.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
For me, I think that our team is WAY better than they've shown this year. So if we add high-end talent at the draft and some of our young guys develop into decent middle six (or better) players then we are right back into contention next year.
Even if we find high end talent, the person that we draft could easily be years away from playing in the NHL.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Falling apart does not mean that you're going to have a better odds for the future. This league has a pretty extensive history of teams not getting that. Our odds of improvement can sink regardless of higher draft position. I've seen what your line of thinking results in, and the results are hilarious when you're not the fan of that particular team.

Compounding it is that if Murray does what most here are advocating, shedding various players to add even more draft picks, it's going to be fun watching the freak out at what results over the coming seasons.
The common denominator in those teams that failed with high picks are all the same, and that is incompetent upper management.

I don't believe our upper management is incompetent. If you do, then sure, I can see how you'd think a top pick wouldn't help.

However, with this regime, this situation has already occurred once and it helped us tremendously. There is no reason for me to think it won't help us again. I don't want to blow everything up, but this season is dead, and the best thing that it can be used for is fertlizer for next season.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Even if we find high end talent, the person that we draft could easily be years away from playing in the NHL.

That's fine, the high-end talent is for when Getz seriously drops off. I'm still banking on our young guys to step up next year, if our draft pick from this season plays next season that's just a cherry on top imo.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I really fail to see the logic of missing the playoffs by less points and getting a worse pick. Somebody explain that to me.

If you want to talk about odds of prospects working out the odds get worse the farther back we pick, and the time until that kid can help generally gets longer.

I'd like to be better sooner. Like, much better. The higher the pick the likelier that is to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad