GDT: Are Some Trades Bruin(s)? (Boston @ Anaheim, 7pm PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
TV: Fox Sports Prime Ticket
Radio: AM 830
Theme: Dedication to the Community

This is another step toward the pending trade deadline (and the 2019 Entry Draft). What's GMHCBM's game plan? Is it okay to keep losing as long as the team shows emotion? Will the players translate BM's need for emotion as fighting?

Key points for this game:
  • Getzlaf assumed playing as of now as I haven't heard anything else, but his back has been bothering him.
  • Boyle is back in net for his second NHL start, after a convincing shutout last game.
  • Gibbons put on waivers.
  • Troy Terry called up from the Gulls.
  • Ritchie out (illness)
Lines to be determined, but I'll take a guess (basically the same as last game).
  • F1: Rakell, Getzlaf, Perry
  • F2: Jones, Henrique, Sprong
  • F3: Shore, Rowney, Silfverberg
  • F4: Grant, Kesler, Terry
  • D1: Lindholm, Manson
  • D2: Fowler, Del Zotto
  • D3: Megna, Montour
Some observations from last game include a shift in zone entry strategy. Players seemed to dump the puck in less, opting to try to carry in when possible. Team was still outshot, but the strategy shift will take time to adjust, and the players definitely need to start gaining back some confidence and trust in each other. Fighting for each other was a good start.

Last edited:

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
One of the more noticeable differences I saw was that we seemed to have 2 guys forechecking much more often than before. It'll be interesting to see if that continues. I think Carlyle preferred to only have one guy in on the forecheck, or the players just weren't putting in that much effort under Carlyle so it always looked like only one guy was lazily forechecking.

The forwards still struggle at slowing things down and creating turnovers in the neutral zone. I'm hoping they can improve on that as well. Seems like under Carlyle the plan was always just to yield the neutral zone in favor of getting everybody back and in position in the D zone, so we never really slowed the rush down until it hit our blueline.

If Del Zotto is paired with Fowler again, I'm wondering if it is a showcase move in the hopes Murray can get something for him at the deadline. It does not make much sense otherwise to play those two together after last game. They don't seem to complement each other well and were on the ice for most of Vancouver's scoring chances.

Playing MDZ with Fowler could also be kind of a stealth tank move, but Murray seems to be sending mixed messages in terms of the tank/no tank. I get the value in promoting a young guy or two as a reward for good play in the AHL, but if you are trying to tank, why call up Jones and Terry and waive Gibbons.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Hope for further improvement, but this game will be very hard to win.

If defense will continue to suck now that Carlyle is gone and Murray leaving the job to assistant coaches, I think it safe to say that Marty Wilford sucks.

Reactions: Getzmonster

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Fresh off the heels of a one game winning streak, led by the only undefeated coach in NHL history, Bob (that's why they call me Mr Fahrenheit) Murray, I present to you, the theme of tonight's game....

Reactions: Ducks DVM

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Jeez I thought Ritchie was a healthy scratch for a sec. I was like wtf BM.

Will be fun to see Terry back up

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
TV: Fox Sports Prime Ticket
Radio: AM 830
Theme: Dedication to the Community

This is another step toward the pending trade deadline (and the 2019 Entry Draft). What's GMHCBM's game plan? Is it okay to keep losing as long as the team shows emotion? Will the players translate BM's need for emotion as fighting?

Key points for this game:
  • Getzlaf assumed playing as of now as I haven't heard anything else, but his back has been bothering him.
  • Boyle is back in net for his second NHL start, after a convincing shutout last game.
  • Gibbons put on waivers.
  • Troy Terry called up from the Gulls.
  • Ritchie out (illness)
Lines to be determined, but I'll take a guess (basically the same as last game).
  • F1: Rakell, Getzlaf, Perry
  • F2: Jones, Henrique, Sprong
  • F3: Shore, Rowney, Silfverberg
  • F4: Grant, Kesler, Terry
  • D1: Lindholm, Manson
  • D2: Fowler, Del Zotto
  • D3: Megna, Montour
Some observations from last game include a shift in zone entry strategy. Players seemed to dump the puck in less, opting to try to carry in when possible. Team was still outshot, but the strategy shift will take time to adjust, and the players definitely need to start gaining back some confidence and trust in each other. Fighting for each other was a good start.
Where is Ritchie in that lineup ?

I'd go with something more like this:
Rakell/Getzlaf/Troy Glaus Terry
Lionel Ritchie/Uncle Rico/Sprong
Jones/Ed Rooney's Mustache/Silf aka Ivan Drago
Jersey Shore/Kesler/Perry - the 18 million dollar line !

Lindholm/Manson
Fowler/Montour
Megna/Del Crappo

Boyle
Miller Time

Last edited:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Where is Ritchie in that lineup ?

I'd go with something more like this:
Rakell/Getzlaf/Troy Glaus Terry
Lionel Ritchie/Uncle Rico/Sprong
Jones/Ed Rooney's Mustache/Silf aka Ivan Drago
Jersey Shore/Kesler/Perry - the 18 million dollar line !

Lindholm/Manson
Fowler/Montour
Megna/Del Crappo

Boyle
Miller Time
Ritchie is sick

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I want to eventually see Jones & Perry on the same line with Kesler. The Troll line !
All in one shift, Jones elbows someone, Kesler sits on a puck & Perry steals a stick.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Good thing I'm legally high on cold medicine right now, because there's an air of indifference that I normally don't achieve without a few drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad