Are playoffs still makeable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
If we win both games of this home and home with Calgary, we are setting ourselves up perfectly to make a run for this. In complete honesty I think we can win 2/3 games against Anaheim. We stack up great against them and Chicago, and could end up doing quite well against both. We always struggle with Minny and Vancouver though, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Like I said, this BoA will most likely decide our fate.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Hold up a second...

so after today's game,

If we win against Calgary tomorrow (very possible now that they are Jarome-less, and hopefully they will trade some other high profile players tomorrow too lol)

and if Dallas loses tomorrow (also possible given its a second game of a back to back)

then we take 8th place....

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Hold up a second...

so after today's game,

If we win against Calgary tomorrow (very possible now that they are Jarome-less, and hopefully they will trade some other high profile players tomorrow too lol)

and if Dallas loses tomorrow (also possible given its a second game of a back to back)

I believe St.Louis also would have to lose, but yeah.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Hold up a second...

so after today's game,

This tweet sums it up nicely

@EdmontonJack: DAL loses to LA. If EDM wins tomorrow vs CGY, STL loses at MIN, and DAL gets point or less vs ANA, Oilers take over 8th place in West.

necrobot

Sep 3, 2010
Edmonton
This tweet sums it up nicely

@EdmontonJack: DAL loses to LA. If EDM wins tomorrow vs CGY, STL loses at MIN, and DAL gets point or less vs ANA, Oilers take over 8th place in West.

Sportselect will make me a happy man tomorrow if the Oilers are in a playoff spot.

Gotta have faith.

CanadianDestroyer

Oct 3, 2006
Edmonton
I certainly think it's possible. Though I'm really more happy we are no longer in the cellar and are actually mathematically in the playoff hunt this late into the season. The Oilers, when they weren't in said cellar, always brought it in the final games of the season so I'm thinking our chances are good.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
? was this a joke? that not what the site says right now...

It says 23.8 right now but it legitimately said 31.5% a few hours ago.

I think something was just akimbo in their formula for a moment.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. I was in the 2012-2013 Realignment section for some reason. If this were next year, we would have a 31.5% chance.

Sloth Slothersons*

It says 23.8 right now but it legitimately said 31.5% a few hours ago.

I think something was just akimbo in their formula for a moment.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. I was in the 2012-2013 Realignment section for some reason. If this were next year, we would have a 31.5% chance.

36828011.jpg

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
would you guys be ok with a win in ot so calgary decreases their chance of the 1st overall pick?

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
I believe St.Louis also would have to lose, but yeah.

whoops didnt realize the blues played tomorrow too.

still...

will nice to see the team on the end of that horizontal line after a long while if all goes according to plan....

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
would you guys be ok with a win in ot so calgary decreases their chance of the 1st overall pick?

OT is fine, but not the shootout. Need to stack up on ROW's.

Actually, I'd like to see Calgary get talent and be good as long as we are as well. Can you imagine an stacked Oilers vs Flames playoff series, in this age of the NHL?

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
GO Oilers tomorrow!!!!

...and...
go Vancouver, Colorado, Minnesota, Chicago, Anaheim

Unlikely but this would make a perfect day for our playoff hopes.
We would go from 23.8% to 35.6%

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
GO Oilers tomorrow!!!!

...and...
go Vancouver, Colorado, Minnesota, Chicago, Anaheim

Unlikely but this would make a perfect day for our playoff hopes.
We would go from 23.8% to 35.6%

Yup go Oilers go! :yo: Hopefully the top line keeps on staying in beast mode.

That would be a great day tomorrow if we win and those teams help us out :handclap:, Heres hoping!

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
The Oilers have to come out and beat Calgary twice in a row here. If that happens, 7-5 or 6-4-2 probably gets you in and that's doable. I think it's going to come down to how stlouis, detroit, dallas and the preds play.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Not sure why few seem to be concerned about Columbus. That team is arguably the hottest team in the West over the last ~20 games. They have crawled out of the basement into 8th.

I don't see that trend reversing as they seem to have figured out that hard work and determination can win games.. even against much more talented opposition.

I see them as being a legit playoff threat down the stretch. They have already basically been playing playoff hockey just to get where they are and I doubt they let off the gas when they can see the prize in sight.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Not sure why few seem to be concerned about Columbus. That team is arguably the hottest team in the West over the last ~20 games. They have crawled out of the basement into 8th.

I don't see that trend reversing as they seem to have figured out that hard work and determination can win games.. even against much more talented opposition.

I see them as being a legit playoff threat down the stretch. They have already basically been playing playoff hockey just to get where they are and I doubt they let off the gas when they can see the prize in sight.
They are playing good but we handled them preety well so whats that saying about us lately, and even though they are in 8th right now STL has 3 games in hand and more row so the just need a so loss in their make up games to overtake them, they also only have 4 home games left and 8 on road, for the Oilers case not really concerned about Columbus

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
The Oilers have to come out and beat Calgary twice in a row here. If that happens, 7-5 or 6-4-2 probably gets you in and that's doable. I think it's going to come down to how stlouis, detroit, dallas and the preds play.

Shouldn't matter. It's not going to take more than 54 points, and 53 points should do it (unless we tie the wrong team).

Brokenhead

Feb 8, 2012
Edmonton, AB

They have 8 of their last 12 on the road and just like Calgary, they have been terrible on the road. St. Louis is a much bigger threat imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad