Are picks 20 - 30 worth less this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I have read that this draft really thins compared to previous years around pick 15 or so. If I read right beyond that you could throw the picks after that into a hat and pick them as there is a tier lasting from about there through the second round. If that is correct, these picks would still want first round money, so maybe would be worth even less. Would that effect offers to move up as well, say you are LA at 11, would you want a couple of first rounders after #20 for that pick or more because of the percieved drop?

Thoughts?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I started this thread and I am as far from LA as you can get, I am a Pen's fan, and absent a right arm type offer we are taking Malkin, you can bet on that. The LA example was just that, an example. This is a question that has no concern to me other than as a fan of the game as we are not picking after pick 20.

Hockeycrazed07

Jun 15, 2002
Buena Vista, VA
www.hockeycrazed.com
There are some good folks in the 20-30 range, but chances are that it'll be hit-and-miss in that area. Someone will take a chance and hit a homerun, and someone else will strike out. Another will lay down a sacrifice bunt and put the winning run on 2nd. It all depends on what a team decides to do in that area.

My goodness. Me with baseball analogies. What's this world coming to?

~Crazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad