Are Jets best CDN team again this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
At the moment we are hotter/better in my opinion but in the grand scheme of the season it probably will be the Jets.

I'm a Jet fan and think that as well as they have played so far this season they are not as good as the Oilers. The Jets defence sucks and are only where they are now because of Helly. Helly has been lights out and the only reason the Jets are where they are today. Oiler's offence has been lights out while the Jets offence has been less then mediocre. If the Jets offence starts to pick up and Helly keeps playing like he has then they will be a team to reckon with come PO time.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How does Canada become "CDN"?

Anyway, Jets aren't that good a team. They're being carried by Hellebuyck's ridiculously high save% on high danger chances. I doubt that can last for an entire season.

Edmonton Oilers are the best Canadian team IMO.

Reactions: libertarian

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
I'm a Jet fan and think that as well as they have played so far this season they are not as good as the Oilers. The Jets defence sucks and are only where they are now because of Helly. Helly has been lights out and the only reason the Jets are where they are today. Oiler's offence has been lights out while the Jets offence has been less then mediocre. If the Jets offices starts to pick up and Helly keeps playing like he has then they will be a team to reckon with come PO time.

Well you still are waiting on big Buff. Well then maybe Montreal or one of the two of you. I want to say us in confidence but we are running off insanely hot special teams and an insane top line. There is no way that is going to be the case for the entire season. Just going to hope our depth scoring finally kicks in. They got some goals tonight and performed well in Dallas as well so hopefully they actually start to perform for the rest of the season. If we had more offensive depth I would say us no doubt. D Men are coming into form (Bear hopefully shows that EDM can actually develop players) and Goaltending is good but I really worry that we are relying too much on McD and Drai though it is fun to watch.

Last edited:

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth

Anyway, Jets aren't that good a team. They're being carried by Hellebuyck's ridiculously high save% on high danger chances. I doubt that can last for an entire season.

Agree. If the Jets offence begins to perform like they should then the Jets can be the best Canadian team. Right now they are not and are totally dependant on Helly to win.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016

One line teams get easily defeated in the playoffs.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Why it should be Toronto ? Sportsnet told you that ?

I think they have such a superb forward group that I was so sure they'd be the best Canadian team. Turns out, I was wrong. They're underperforming badly. Oilers are picking up and I could see either them or Jets being the "best" team this season.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
I think they have such a superb forward group that I was so sure they'd be the best Canadian team. Turns out, I was wrong. They're underperforming badly. Oilers are picking up and I could see either them or Jets being the "best" team this season.

You're right the Leafs have a great group of forward. But that's about it

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012

Can eh? DN

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
I always thought the Jets forward group was always as good as the Leafs.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I think it's currently Oilers/Habs, then maybe the Jets, but if Helle starts struggling, our offense will have to ramp it up, which they can do.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Oilers just a flash in the hockey pan. No depth, one line team.
I mean the Jets have scored 34 goals from their bottom 9 forwards (if we assume Scheif, Wheeler, and Laine are the top line) while the Oilers have scored 28. When your top line has scored 39 goals and combined for 103 points in 23 games then I think you can live with a bit of a drop off in the bottom 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad