Are Coburn and Grebeshkov worthy of hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I been reading up on Coburn and he is being painted as a guy who can get beat by quick guys and needs to work on decision making :eek: - others say he has some Pronger in him. I would assume the truth lies in the middle but has anyone offer where he is and where he's going. I'm worried if I draft him I may be getting Gary Nylund. And another guy I am looking at is Denis Grebshkov. The Kings with Nornstrom and Miller should be a perfect situation for Grebeshkov to work in both from a skill standpoint but to learn from two solid postional players and leaders.

Who do you take with no other factors to consider but who will be a better player? Grebeshkov seems like he may be more consistent and safer bet but Coburn could be a monster if things go right?

You guys know these players alot better than me and many have seen them. Thanks for your opinions in advance.

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
Coburn is really good. He's just not very flashy and doesn't stand out as much as other highly touted defensive prospects. In Coburns case I think if his offense drys up he will end up like Robyn Regehr who plays for the Flames. Big strong defensive player who can play alot of minutes and shut down the oppositions better players.

I like Grebeshkov aswell though. But I think I would go with Coburn but thats just me.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Mr.Hunter74 said:
Coburn is really good. He's just not very flashy and doesn't stand out as much as other highly touted defensive prospects. In Coburns case I think if his offense drys up he will end up like Robyn Regehr who plays for the Flames. Big strong defensive player who can play alot of minutes and shut down the oppositions better players.

I like Grebeshkov aswell though. But I think I would go with Coburn but thats just me.
Grebshkov is and will be better in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->