Are Blues buyer or seller @ TDL?

Are Blues buyer or seller @ TDL?

• Total voters

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I think we'll be some sort of combination between buyers and sellers, unless we rocket out of the restart or crash and burn.

Assuming we maintain our level of play going into the break. I don't think we'll see any blockbuster type deals unless something really incredible is presented to Armstrong. But I think it's likely we'll see some "hockey trade" type deals like a Maroon or Gunnarsson or even just some AHL moves. I think Bouwmeester will likely finish out his career here this season, I don't see him waiving, and really I don't see a demand for him. His play has been much improved from the beginning of the year so I think with his contract expiring anyway we'll just let him finish it out.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I think army will move the extra pieces and look for hockey trades but we won’t be getting any rentals or expensive players for picks/prospects aside from a goalie which is likely an offseason move. I envision us continuing to be borderline playoff team even if we move one of our expiring vets. I wouldn’t mind a hockey trade with steen involved

Reactions: mk80

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I'll be so pissed if they're buyers. You buy when you're a player away from the cup.

Sellers-Fine. General hockey trade to try to improve now and in the future-Great. But please don't buy.

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
Hoping the Blues are sellers ... or trades to shake up the core ... ROR stays, everyone else is available for the right price.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Why can't we be buyers? I think this team has a chance to go deep in this conference with the right addition at forward.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I am not a seller now. But, I don't think I'm a "buyer", at least not giving up futures for rental veterans. I'd make a trade to get rid of "dead weight", and bring in youth with upside on low-cost contracts.

Reactions: Brian39

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
I am not a seller now. But, I don't think I'm a "buyer", at least not giving up futures for rental veterans. I'd make a trade to get rid of "dead weight", and bring in youth with upside on low-cost contracts.

Robb, I agree with you premise. Could you please elaborate on who you would consider trading? Realize this is a friendly discussion and not a trap. I respect your opinion.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Meh, it's more your normal, boring opinion with lack of any real substance to back it up. We get it, you have a basic understanding of how the game of hockey works. Thanks for the insight.
u seem really upset over my opinions

oh well, get over it.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Not sure I’m a buyer or a seller any more. Probably just stand pat and let them play. Unless we start sucking badly again before the TDL.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Robb, I agree with you premise. Could you please elaborate on who you would consider trading? Realize this is a friendly discussion and not a trap. I respect your opinion.
I meant that the only players I'd consider trading now that The Blues are contending for a playoff spot, are veterans who are not necessary for the future of the team, and can bring back a worthwhile, future asset. Very few Blues fit that description (Allen. perhaps Steen, and/or, maybe Bozak (the latter 2,, obvious losses of added depth, only if the assets coming back are clear over payments, and healthy bodies of players playing almost as well (Fabbri, Sanford) can take up the slack caused by their leaving.

Last edited:

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Not sure I’m a buyer or a seller any more. Probably just stand pat and let them play. Unless we start sucking badly again before the TDL.
Yeah I'm not sure where we would add and we already dont have one of our next two 1st rounders so I would hate to give up another, my guess is Kostin/Kyrou would be the ones being moved.

Maybe a center if they keep Schenn on the wing? Schenn/ROR/Tarasenko and Schwartz-xxx-Perron could make a pretty formidable top 6.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Yeah I'm not sure where we would add and we already dont have one of our next two 1st rounders so I would hate to give up another, my guess is Kostin/Kyrou would be the ones being moved.

Maybe a center if they keep Schenn on the wing? Schenn/ROR/Tarasenko and Schwartz-xxx-Perron could make a pretty formidable top 6.

I’d really hate to trade Kyrou or Kostin. Id love to develop them and see what we have. A big, strong, tough PF and a lightening fast winger who can score and create. I view those 2 as building blocks in this next core.

Reactions: BuLLeT1291

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I still hope they don't buy. It will be a great story to get in the playoffs but this isn't a team that's a rental away from getting to the finals. Unless it's just ridiculously cheap.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
Yeah I'm not too sure on if we're buying or not because we don't really have any pieces to give. Steen's unfortunate NTC, but who would actually take him anyway? Then maybe like... Bozak I guess, but who would want him either. In addition, no 1st rounder either.

Our remaining cap doesn't really allow us to make any moves either.

And if we sell as of now, I might lose my ****.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Some tongue in cheek here I know, but right now, I'm not moving Bouwmeester. He's back to his form from a couple years ago. Quite frankly, he's outplaying Edmundson by a not so subtle margin. Pains me to say it as a big fan of #6, but it's the truth.
Plus, when they trade Parayko to EDM they’re going to need someone to play 2RD. :naughty:

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Army isn’t doing anything. He isn’t selling and he isn’t buying either. Year 3 of the transitition and the Blues are still a lunch pail team. Does this GM have a clue?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Looks like our best option might be stay put and not to do anything. I don't see what areas we should imporve at this point and selling out Jbo/Gunnar/Steen/Maroon/Allen isn't option or choice.

We've pretty deep structure at forward and d-core. Goaltender who has showed he's #1 starter and quality one.

We can't move Allen at this point yet, its going to be happened at off-season or not even then. Nobody doesn't want to take him with that cap hit and how he's performing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad