Are any of these players not playing in the WC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomWaits

Feb 27, 2002
It is now time for me to pick my world hockey pool and I would like to defend my title (or at least not end up in last :D )

I am hoping you can help me. I want to make sure that the players I have picked are actually playing.

thanks in advance

TomWaits

Lemieux
Sakic
Niedermayer
Brodeur
Leetch
Rafalski
Forsberg
Sundin
Naslund
Lidstrom
Salo
Datsyuk
Kovalchuk
Gonchar
Kiprusoff
Elias
Havlat
Hejduk
Jagr
T.Kaberle
Demitra
Hossa
Chara
Hecht

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
I believe the only one at risk of not playing on the list is Forsberg, but the injury reports don't seem severe. Plus, he's a gamer, so count on him to play.

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
Kiprusoff is shady because nobody knows who will play in net for Finland yet. Everybody seems to think that Kari Lehtonen will be the #1 for them, but has also forgotten that Vesa Toskala is also a standout goalie for them. Next to Canada, Finland bar-none has the best goaltending threesome in the tournament, so any of them could play.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Not sure that Salo will be in the net for Sweden either. So your goalie situation look a little so and so..

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Beside your question, but for a pool I'd take Marcel Goc instead of Hecht, or maybe Erhoff or Katan. Picking some of the top German players should be a good idea as they ought to get a lot of playing time.

Another late pool pick might be Ville Peltonen from Finland, playing LW to Olli Jokinen. If (and that's a big if) the Finns are going anywhere he'll most likely be one of their top scorers.

Mountain Dude

Rafalski has been suffering from some groin problems, he's playing through it, but probably won't be at his best.

TomWaits

Feb 27, 2002
Who will be the top three goalies?

I am basing this on wins/losses and shutouts.

1) Brodeur is pretty much the safest bet
2) Salo - although he isn't the best goalie in the tourney he should have good numbers because the team infront of him is so strong.
3) Finland - Kiprusoff or Lehtonen? Kiprursoff had such a strong year last year.
4) Czech - Cechmanek is still a good goalie on an pretty good team.
5) DiPietro would be fourth on my list but he could faulter making room for Conklin or Esche to move in.
6) Russia - with most of their superstars at home will either of these three produce?
7 & 8) Slovakia and Germany really do not have a chance - I know that Kolzig has put up some good numbers but would not be a top three in my book.

In my opinion it probably comes down to Kiprusoff or Cechmanek?

Thanks

TomWaits

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
TomWaits said:
I am basing this on wins/losses and shutouts.

1) Brodeur is pretty much the safest bet
2) Salo - although he isn't the best goalie in the tourney he should have good numbers because the team infront of him is so strong.
3) Finland - Kiprusoff or Lehtonen? Kiprursoff had such a strong year last year.
4) Czech - Cechmanek is still a good goalie on an pretty good team.
5) DiPietro would be fourth on my list but he could faulter making room for Conklin or Esche to move in.
6) Russia - with most of their superstars at home will either of these three produce?
7 & 8) Slovakia and Germany really do not have a chance - I know that Kolzig has put up some good numbers but would not be a top three in my book.

In my opinion it probably comes down to Kiprusoff or Cechmanek?

Thanks

TomWaits

Vokoun is the Czech's starter, not Cechmanek.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
CoolJay28 said:
Kiprusoff is shady because nobody knows who will play in net for Finland yet. .
Kiprusoff has played the last two games for team Finland. He is their #1 goalie for the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->