TV: Archer Part 2 - Season 10 (Archer: 1999) - coming May 29, 2019

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Saw this on Reddit. Felt like a good summation of the season.

What started the season? Mallory and Lana talking about Woodhouse and missing the funeral. How did the season end? Archer gets to say goodbye to Woodhouse, in a pretty noir fashion.

Dreamland wasn't about Archer "waking up." It wasn't about resolving the storyline of Deadly Velvet. It was about a man saying goodbye to a friend he never acknowledged in the only way he could. The pigeon-holes of favorite characters were not those characters. They were archetypes lifted from Archer's subconscious, and externalization of hopes, fears, and desires personified by the people who mean the most to him.

Everyone keeps expecting this season to obey logic, but dreams defy logic. You ever woken up from a dream feeling like everything was satisfactorily concluded in a tight narrative? Nope. Some of us dream in black and white. Some dream in color. Archer dreams in noir, and finds the courage to do the things he cannot normally do -- like say goodbye to the closest thing to a father he's ever known.

Season 8 resolved that, and that was the point. You know Season 9 will have him wake up, recovered, do some PT, and get back to regular hijinks like Season 8 never happened. Because it was all a dream. It was private. It was grieving.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I just started the show a couple weeks ago and now into season 4 now... it good ****.

That said does anyone get the vibe that sometimes you miss something? I know I've seen every episode but just the way the show is written and framed makes it seem little bits have been cut out here and there...maybe it just me.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
They seem to kind of drop storylines here and there... anyways about to start archer vice

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Just finished season 7. I'm digging the themed seasons. Very good stuff. Also...

latest

:laugh:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

I mean... I'll keep watching what they put out, but.... just seems like they're more interested in doing different shows now but don't want to make entirely new characters again. That or they were really expecting to be cancelled after season 7 and never intended to resolve the cliffhanger.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’m still looking for the resolution after Archer was killed. I doubt we’ll get that at this rate though. It does just feel like a different show. Season 8 was kind of a struggle to get through on Netflix for me at times.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yes, at least as of last season, Archer was in a vegetative state and the entire season was just what he was dreaming about. I'm assuming that the same will be the case for this one. He'll be in the hospital, Mallory or Lana will say something tangentially connected to the season, and the dream will go from there.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
damn, must have completely forgot that then or overlooked it. :laugh:

hopefully s10 he comes out of the coma then and we get a proper finale (I think 10 is the end?)

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I think the show runners said that they would stop at 10 seasons.

I imagine they'll return to normal next season or in 10 and give the show a proper send off.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Wow. That was fast. I put Danger Island below even The Figgis Agency for Archer seasons. The shtick seasons had a brief upswing during the Noir thing that was a lot better than I expected, but they've resumed their downward trajectory.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

I'll always be hopeful for Archer, but I'm essentially just going to keep watching out of habit as long as Archer is just in a coma. Can't help but think that they haven't wanted to work on the series for a long while, but don't want a whole new show approved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->