Confirmed Signing with Link: Arbitration List and Dates

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Buch is going to get a nice little pay day with the Rangers. Probably in the 4-7 million range. Have to think Kreider is on his way out before pre season starts.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Buch is going to get a nice little pay day with the Rangers. Probably in the 4-7 million range. Have to think Kreider is on his way out before pre season starts.
He had 38 points the arbitrator prob gives him 3.5 million.

I guess 64 games but he isn't getting close to 7 yet

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
New York Rangers
Jacob Trouba

tenor.gif

Both sides can and probably will agree to a long term deal before the arbitration. What’s funny is the Jets return for Trouba.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Haha well I mean he came out and said he wants to be in NY. Did he ever once say or even hint to wanting to stay in Winnipeg? He couldnt wait to get out of there. As for the return, if you traded him last summer the return is double what you got from the Rangers...Dont act like Chevy didnt shoot himself in the foot with the Trouba ordeal

Oh he said all the right things at all the right times.

Timestamp 5:30

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290/dreger-trouba-willing-to-sign-stay-in-winnipeg-1.503816

As for keeping him for the extra year. We were just coming off making it to the Western final. You don't trade your best d-man after that just to try and get some extra value.

Do I like the return we got? Heeeeeck no. But I understand why it is the way it is.

Call it sour grapes but I've seen the "I want to play here but I am going to take arbitration" play a few times now.

He's made it clear why he left.

Jacob Trouba says he wanted to play in U.S. so fiancée could pursue her medical career

If his fiancee isn't working in New York, I don't see him signing there.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Oh he said all the right things at all the right times.

Timestamp 5:30

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290/dreger-trouba-willing-to-sign-stay-in-winnipeg-1.503816

As for keeping him for the extra year. We were just coming off making it to the Western final. You don't trade your best d-man after that just to try and get some extra value.

Do I like the return we got? Heeeeeck no. But I understand why it is the way it is.

Call it sour grapes but I've seen the "I want to play here but I am going to take arbitration" play a few times now.

He's made it clear why he left.

Jacob Trouba says he wanted to play in U.S. so fiancée could pursue her medical career

If his fiancee isn't working in New York, I don't see him signing there.

Yeah it seems like he is working around his fiancee, who at the time of his last arbitration was still going to school in Fort Lauderdale for another 6 years. Not sure if she'd transfer but she seems to have Trouba's you know what in her purse. He'll try to go wherever she tells him to go.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah it seems like he is working around his fiancee, who at the time of his last arbitration was still going to school in Fort Lauderdale for another 6 years. Not sure if she'd transfer but she seems to have Trouba's you know what in her purse. He'll try to go wherever she tells him to go.

That's why I always assumed we would end up sending him to Florida to TB.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That's why I always assumed we would end up sending him to Florida to TB.

Yeah, you never know maybe the Rags wanted to have a go at him and convince him to stay before they ship him off to whichever Florida team can afford him.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah, you never know maybe the Rags wanted to have a go at him and convince him to stay before they ship him off to whichever Florida team can afford him.

I would really love to see what his agent told teams. From what we've heard, Pittsburgh offered a better deal until Overfart (that's right...I am over 30 and this is how petty I am) killed it.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Idk how Florida couldn't beat pionk and the 20th tho if they wanted him. He is pretty well exactly what that team needs now that goaltending is figured out.

I guess maybe they weren't sure if they were gonna get panarin and didn't want to move more salary around

FanTheFlames

Aug 20, 2017
Guesses for contracts handed out

Anaheim Ducks

Chase De Leo 2x900k

Boston Bruins
Danton Heine 5x3.5m

Buffalo Sabres
Remi Elie 2x900k
Jake McCabe 2x2m
Evan Rodrigues 3x2.5m
Linus Ullmark 3x2m

Calgary Flames
Sam Bennett 3x3m
Ryan Lomberg 2x900k
David Rittich 2x3m
Rinat Valiev2x900k

Carolina Hurricanes
Anton Forsberg 2x1m
Brock McGinn 3x2.5m

Colorado Avalanche
J.T. Compher 5x4.25m
Sheldon Dries 2x900k
Ryan Graves 3x1m

Dallas Stars
Jason Dickinson 4x2m

Florida Panthers
MacKenzie Weegar 3x2m

Los Angeles Kings
Alex Iafallo 4x2.5m

Montreal Canadiens
Joel Armia 3x2.5m
Charles Hudon 3x1m
Artturi Lehkonen 4x3m

Nashville Predators
Rocco Grimaldi 3x1.75m
Colton Sissons 3x2.75m

New Jersey Devils
Will Butcher 5x4.5m
Connor Carrick 3x1.75m
Mirco Mueller 3x1.75m

New York Rangers
Pavel Buchnevich 4x4m
Jacob Trouba 6/7x7.5m

Philadelphia Flyers
Scott Laughton 3x2.75m

Pittsburgh Penguins
Zach Aston-Reese 4x2.5m

St. Louis Blues
Jordan Binnington 6x6m
Joel Edmundson 3x2.75m
Zach Sanford 5x2.5m
Oskar Sundqvist 5x3.5m

Tampa Bay Lightning
Cedric Paquette (signed after filing)

Vegas Golden Knights
Malcolm Subban 3x2m

Washington Capitals

Christian Djoos 4x2m
Chandler Stephenson 3x1.5m

Winnipeg Jets
Andrew Copp 4x2.5m
Neal Pionk 5x3m

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
New York Rangers

Jacob Trouba
Let's wait and see what happens.

If he doesn't want to play there he is either a rental for the playoffs or he is traded for at least as good as what they got him for at the deadline

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Colorado Avalanche
J.T. Compher 5x4.25m
Sheldon Dries 2x900k
Ryan Graves 3x1m
That's about $1m too high for Compher.

He's been a 0.5 point-per-game player since the 2018 playoffs, so his comparables this year are probably:
  • Compher: 16 + 16 (66 games)
  • Kerfoot: 15 + 27 (78 games) - $3.5m / 4 years (RFA)
  • Johnsson: 20 +23 (73 games) - $3.4m / 4 years (RFA)
  • Kapanen: 20 + 24 (78 games) - $3.2m / 3 years (RFA)
  • Donskoi: 14 + 23 (80 games) - $3.9m / 4 years (UFA)
  • Connelly: 22 + 24 (81 games) - $3.5m / 4 years (UFA)
Compher has only one season of 0.5 ppg pace (which wasn't even a full 82 game season), which could hurt his position. However, he has also paced exactly 0.5ppg in two postseasons (4+5 = 9 points in 18 playoff games) so I think it's reasonable to expect 0.5ppg pace going forwards, making $3.5m a possible number as compared to the contracts above.

That said, as an RFA with only one regular season at 0.5ppg pace, I think Sakic would be reluctant to give him term at a cap hit of $3.5m.

I'd say something around one of these will probably be what he gets:
  • $3.0m / 4 years
  • $3.2m / 3 years
  • $3.4m / 2 years
  • $3.5m / 1 year
Note that since he's only 24 he would still be an RFA after a 1 or 2 year deal. A 3 year contract takes him to UFA at 27.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
No, the Arbitration means that the team can't be certain of their cap situation due to it, and so they get the (another) chance to become cap compliant through a buyout of a player. The player getting bought out doesn't need to be the Arbitrated one.

Cool. That means Montreal can still buyout Alzner if necessary. I can see Hudon & Armia both getting to arbitration. I think Lehkonen is signed prior or traded.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016

St. Louis Blues
Jordan Binnington 6x6m
Joel Edmundson 3x2.75m
Zach Sanford 5x2.5m
Oskar Sundqvist 5x3.5m

You're gonna be a mile off on each one of these.

Binnington is not going to get 6 years, and if he did, it definitely won't be for 6 million per.

Edmundson isn't going to take less than what he made this year for 3 years. He's a prime candidate for another one year deal at 3.25m to try to recover from the crap year he had.

LOL at Zach Sanford, a middle sixth depth player getting signed for 5 years. He'll be signed for 1 or 2 years slightly above a million per.

And on to the only one that has been the slightest chance of happening. Sundqvist could be signed to a long term deal. Definitely not 5 years, but maybe 3-4. $3.5m wouldn't be out of the question for him but I'd bet it comes in closer to $2.5m on more than a 1 year deal. Like Edmundson, he's a prime candidate to take a 1 year prove it deal and make sure the team knows this year wasn't a fluke.

I could tear apart most of the deals listed for the other teams too, but figured I'd stick to the team I know best.

Reactions: 67Blues

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
You're gonna be a mile off on each one of these.

Binnington is not going to get 6 years, and if he did, it definitely won't be for 6 million per.

Edmundson isn't going to take less than what he made this year for 3 years. He's a prime candidate for another one year deal at 3.25m to try to recover from the crap year he had.

LOL at Zach Sanford, a middle sixth depth player getting signed for 5 years. He'll be signed for 1 or 2 years slightly above a million per.

And on to the only one that has been the slightest chance of happening. Sundqvist could be signed to a long term deal. Definitely not 5 years, but maybe 3-4. $3.5m wouldn't be out of the question for him but I'd bet it comes in closer to $2.5m on more than a 1 year deal. Like Edmundson, he's a prime candidate to take a 1 year prove it deal and make sure the team knows this year wasn't a fluke.

I could tear apart most of the deals listed for the other teams too, but figured I'd stick to the team I know best.
TBH he was high on the flames players too which is odd as I assume he is a flames fan. Oilers aren't in this so I won't comment

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

Anaheim Ducks

Chase De Leo 2x900k

Boston Bruins
Danton Heine 5x3.5m

Buffalo Sabres
Remi Elie 2x900k
Jake McCabe 2x2m
Evan Rodrigues 3x2.5m
Linus Ullmark 3x2m

Calgary Flames
Sam Bennett 3x3m
Ryan Lomberg 2x900k
David Rittich 2x3m
Rinat Valiev2x900k

Carolina Hurricanes
Anton Forsberg 2x1m
Brock McGinn 3x2.5m

Colorado Avalanche
J.T. Compher 5x4.25m
Sheldon Dries 2x900k
Ryan Graves 3x1m

Dallas Stars
Jason Dickinson 4x2m

Florida Panthers
MacKenzie Weegar 3x2m

Los Angeles Kings
Alex Iafallo 4x2.5m

Montreal Canadiens
Joel Armia 3x2.5m
Charles Hudon 3x1m
Artturi Lehkonen 4x3m

Nashville Predators
Rocco Grimaldi 3x1.75m
Colton Sissons 3x2.75m

New Jersey Devils
Will Butcher 5x4.5m
Connor Carrick 3x1.75m
Mirco Mueller 3x1.75m

New York Rangers
Pavel Buchnevich 4x4m
Jacob Trouba 6/7x7.5m

Philadelphia Flyers
Scott Laughton 3x2.75m

Pittsburgh Penguins
Zach Aston-Reese 4x2.5m

St. Louis Blues
Jordan Binnington 6x6m
Joel Edmundson 3x2.75m
Zach Sanford 5x2.5m
Oskar Sundqvist 5x3.5m

Tampa Bay Lightning
Cedric Paquette (signed after filing)

Vegas Golden Knights
Malcolm Subban 3x2m

Washington Capitals

Christian Djoos 4x2m
Chandler Stephenson 3x1.5m

Winnipeg Jets
Andrew Copp 4x2.5m
Neal Pionk 5x3m

Arbitration can only award one-year or two-year contracts, I believe.

Reactions: Lempo

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Colorado Avalanche
J.T. Compher 5x4.25m
Sheldon Dries 2x900k
Ryan Graves 3x1m

I think it unlike Sakic to offer that much term to Compher or Graves and Dries I think gets 1 year which should keep him an RFA but I think you are correct on the AAV
My guesses all avoid arbitration
Dries - 1 x $900k / $80k
Compher - 2 x $3.0M
Graves - 2 x $850k / $100k

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
You are right . Whoever didn't file it gets to choose I believe unless they are 1 year from ufa then it's only 1 year no matter what

If they awarded long-term deals I feel like every RFA ever would go to arbitration every off-season, teams would love that.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
If they awarded long-term deals I feel like every RFA ever would go to arbitration every off-season, teams would love that.
well probably actually . It tends to be a little high for the year but long term the deals would probably mostly workout for the team.

Trouba just a long term jet lol.

Anyways the only thing I think they should change about arbitration is they should make younger players eligible so you don't have holdouts every year when they cant apply for it.

Like gusev shouldn't be cuz he has no games but all these players with three seasons worth should be able to imo

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Binnington is a tough one, he's kinda worth $8m-$10m but he's also kinda not

very difficult to judge, arguments can be had both ways

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Binnington is a tough one, he's kinda worth $8m-$10m but he's also kinda not

very difficult to judge, arguments can be had both ways
It's his first year starting half a season he won't make that much . Shouldn't sign long term cuz allen is just terrible so 1 year something somewhat cheap and then go for the money

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->