OT: Aquilini Family expanding further into E-Sports with launch of Aquilini GameCo

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Very smart move. As someone who last gamed competitively with the original Starcraft, the Vancouver Titans have really engrossed me of late, which I never expected. Esports are a lot of fun to watch, and it is an ever growing market. If you have your doubts about it, give it a shot.

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
Luminosity is a huge gaming company, they have esports teams playing Counterstrike, a world class SMITE team, WOW, Hearthstone, Fortnite, Black Ops 3 and 4 rosters. Luminosity is also the group managing the Titans roster, who went 7-0 in stage 1, and are now in the first post season playoff finals.

Some of their notable signed players include Ninja, Trevor May who is the pitcher for the Minnesota Twins, and the Wayne Gretzky of Madden.

May 31, 2006
If Aquilini sold the Canucks, it would give him even more resources to make his mark in the growing esports industry. Think about it, Francesco.

Reactions: Son of Petter

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
If Aquilini sold the Canucks, it would give him even more resources to make his mark in the growing esports industry. Think about it, Francesco.

The esport industry is relatively cheap to invest in right now, with sky high potential. The investments he make now could very well make him another Canucks value franchise. Think about that.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Luminosity is a huge gaming company, they have esports teams playing Counterstrike, a world class SMITE team, WOW, Hearthstone, Fortnite, Black Ops 3 and 4 rosters. Luminosity is also the group managing the Titans roster, who went 7-0 in stage 1, and are now in the first post season playoff finals.

Some of their notable signed players include Ninja, Trevor May who is the pitcher for the Minnesota Twins, and the Wayne Gretzky of Madden.

So how big is this for Aquilini Investment Group?? serious money to be made.

Could the teams that play in all these leagues now be call Vancouver Titans
is say Fortnite or Black Ops leagues ?

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
So how big is this for Aquilini Investment Group?? serious money to be made.

Could the teams that play in all these leagues now be call Vancouver Titans
is say Fortnite or Black Ops leagues ?

They could, but they likely won't, I think they will just keep the name Luminosity and let them do whatever they want basically.

Interestingly, Activision/Blizzard is opening a geolocated COD:Black Ops 4 league, so they will likely have a space there to expand into as well

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
They could, but they likely won't, I think they will just keep the name Luminosity and let them do whatever they want basically.

Interestingly, Activision/Blizzard is opening a geolocated COD:Black Ops 4 league, so they will likely have a space there to expand into as well

Do you think this venture could make them as valuable as the Canucks?

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
I wonder if they will sell out the Vancouver Titans home games next year at Rodgers Arena

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018

Not for a while, maybe one day. With the high asian population in Vancouver and more gaming companies being interested in geolocated leagues, it could be worth a lot in the future, just need the people growing up on gaming to get a little older first.

I wonder if they will sell out the Vancouver Titans home games next year at Rodgers Arena

As fun as that would be, there's an esports arena being built in Richmond for 2020 that will likely house the Titans, it will probably fit a few hundred people.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
If the western market grows like the Asian market did it would.

Big if though, China's gaming market is absolutely gigantic. These things take time, and this thing is still in it's infancy in the west.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->