NFL: Aqib Talib shot while in altercation. (ok and released from hospital)

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He's not a bum but a knucklehead. Always has been. I expect him to be hammered by the league, Ol Rog doesn't like gunplay.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Adam Schefter
4 hrs ·

NFL "actively" looking into circumstances surrounding Aqib Talib being shot this weekend, per an NFL official. The Broncos immediately notified the NFL about the shooting after they found out about it, and now the NFL is exploring the determining facts behind the incident, the official said. One league source said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell doesn’t like guns, he doesn’t like guns in the hands of intoxicated players, and he especially doesn’t like guns in the hands of intoxicated players who have a history with guns like Talib has.

Could have another Plaxico situation on our hands.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I've been to quite a few. I'm also not a famous NFL player worth millions of dollars and going to mini camp.

Minicamp started today. As long as he's in shape & shows up on time, who cares if he hits up a club two nights before? Given he's newly married however, I fear for what Ms Talib did to him :sarcasm:

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Probably the Broncos care. You know the team that pays him a lot money to not shoot himself in a strip club.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He suspended TJ Ward last year for throwing a shot glass at a strip club a year previous.

It was right after Brady won the injunction so I think Goodell was desperate for a suspension fix.

Anyway it's practically tradition for the Broncos to start the season with a suspended starter.

Got that was awful. Literally happens every single day.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
He keeps "shooting himself in the foot" with poor decision making. ;)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Didn't Talib once get in a gun fight with his mother?

Nah he took the gun from his mom and shot at his sisters boyfriend. Both him and his mom got in trouble for that I believe.

I may not be recalling this correctly but the man may have gotten some sort of DV charge on his sister prior. I'll go double check

Edit: and under review it turns out the guy getting shot at was a repeat child molester/sex offender. Not bad on that front Aqib. There was some incident with Talib's sister and the guy (her BF) in the house that led to the situation, but in the end the guy getting shot at was a ******* so no harm no foul I guess

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It blows my mind that high profile NFLers still go to nightclubs. You have more than enough money to have a personal party pad in the offseason. I guess the need for attention is too strong.

With the sheer amount of incidents we see annually you'd think they'd start steering clear. Or you'd think teams would at least be trying to get their players to amuse themselves in other ways; maybe that is happening, but I haven't read about it yet.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
With the sheer amount of incidents we see annually you'd think they'd start steering clear. Or you'd think teams would at least be trying to get their players to amuse themselves in other ways; maybe that is happening, but I haven't read about it yet.

Especially with twitter.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Edit: and under review it turns out the guy getting shot at was a repeat child molester/sex offender. Not bad on that front Aqib. There was some incident with Talib's sister and the guy (her BF) in the house that led to the situation, but in the end the guy getting shot at was a ******* so no harm no foul I guess

I wouldn't want my sister (if I had one) to date a guy like that either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->