GDT: April 5, 2018: Does anyone care anymore? Oilers vs. Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I know Keegan Lowe hasn't done anything to me but I can't help but not like him just because of who his dad is.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I know Keegan Lowe hasn't done anything to me but I can't help but not like him just because of who his dad is.

I feel bad for it, but I'm the same.

I also did see him in junior with the EOK, and he was a nightmare back then too. Just not a good player.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I feel bad for it, but I'm the same.

I also did see him in junior with the EOK, and he was a nightmare back then too. Just not a good player.

Yeah, I was watching a lot of Oil Kings games around that time. He was a really rough player at the start of his junior career but definitely improved towards the end of it. In his first couple years on that team he definitely was only there because of his dad.

The funny thing is that he told the Oilers he didn't want to be drafted by them in 2011. He probably changed his mind about coming here when he realized how hard it would be to make the NHL without his dad's help.

See? I can't help but be bitter.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I won't pretend to be a big follower of the Condors or junior hockey, but weren't people telling me that Lowe was legitimately one of our better minor league players this season?

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Interesting lines in practice yesterday. Wonder if they'll go with them tonight.

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Khaira-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Strome-Caggiula
Slepyshev-Cammalleri-Kassian

I'd swap one of Kass or Slepy for Drake to balance lefty righty situation, but like seeing the JJ and JP push with Leon.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Keegan Lowe has earned a call up he's been one of the better D on the farm, not sure why the kid should get crapped on.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Please more Mcpoints and 2 losses combined with everyone else in the lottery winning to improve our odds. Fingers crossed lol...

PBandJ

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Keegan Lowe has earned a call up he's been one of the better D on the farm, not sure why the kid should get crapped on.

Because alongside Dillon Simpson, he's so clearly only got a spot because of his name. If his name was Keegan Adams, he never would have been drafted.

Reactions: Summary

PBandJ

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Because alongside Dillon Simpson, he's so clearly only got a spot because of his name. If his name was Keegan Adams, he never would have been drafted.

And the fact is we should be giving prospects with actual futures like Jones callups to give them a taste of the NHL. Not throwaways like Lowe.

Reactions: Summary
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad