GDT: April 4: Flames @ Ducks - 8:00pm MT [SN360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
I've said nothing about Brouwer all year and given him the benefit of the doubt. I'm now officially sick of him and would like to see someone who cares play like Hathaway or Lazar.

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I've said nothing about Brouwer all year and given him the benefit of the doubt. I'm now officially sick of him and would like to see someone who cares play like Hathaway or Lazar.

Dude is the biggest floater on the team. Doesn't engage at all. Shameful.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

I've been one of those to defend him as well at times. If he isn't going to do anything in situations like last night, then I don't see a good reason for him having a letter.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I've been one of those to defend him as well at times. If he isn't going to do anything in situations like last night, then I don't see a good reason for him having a letter.
Which situation exactly? When people *****ed about him not fighting? Is he supposed to fight when it had a broken hand not long ago? Yes risk the playoffs for a game that's out of hand. Brilliant idea.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Which situation exactly? When people *****ed about him not fighting? Is he supposed to fight when it had a broken hand not long ago? Yes risk the playoffs for a game that's out of hand. Brilliant idea.

Not saying he should get involved in the extracurriculars but he could throw a hit once in a while. Didn't we bring him in for his size? Frickin use it.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

In particular, the 2nd to last scuffle of the game, he literally just stood there. Not saying he has to drop the gloves, but when Backlund of all people is more involved than you...

Also the suggestion that our playoffs lay with Brouwer in any way is optimistic for him at best.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
In particular, the 2nd to last scuffle of the game, he literally just stood there. Not saying he has to drop the gloves, but when Backlund of all people is more involved than you...

Also the suggestion that our playoffs lay with Brouwer in any way is optimistic for him at best.
I meant risk his playoffs. Personally I had no issue with him not getting involved, especially with the way the ref was sending everyone to the box. What would it accomplish exactly?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I meant risk his playoffs. Personally I had no issue with him not getting involved, especially with the way the ref was sending everyone to the box. What would it accomplish exactly?

Should all of our guys of just stood there, they got sent to the box anyway, what exactly did that accomplish? I think we both know the answer.

Brouwer is supposed to be a leader on this team. Unless he is the worlds greatest locker room guy, I just don't see him as a part of the leadership group at this point. I'd be giving Gio the same criticism if he did what Brouwer did, which was very little.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Kesler is such a spot picker. Won't fight Ferland or Engelland but when he's got Frolik he's ready to go.

He leads the Ducks forwards in ice time, and isn't good at fighting. He would be foolish if he didn't pick his spots and wasted his time fighting guys like that.

I understand why people don't like him, he plays hard and lives to get under the skin of opponents best players. He's also a star on his team himself and star players shouldn't be expected to take on all comers. That's what the Engelland's and Boll's of the world all there for.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016

I'm beginning to wonder why you feel the need to so vehemently defend Brouwer every chance you get. Do you know the guy or something?

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Although the outcome sucked, i think that was an important character game and solid entertainment value.

I'm not sure what our long term identity is supposed to be though. If it is pure Truculence, then we need games like this and the LA ones to learn to out will the other teams also built that way. For now we are a light weight when trying to impose our will on these teams and it shows when we loose games like this. To be fair, their core has half a decade's more practice than ours at it.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Gillies recalled on emergency conditions and Johnson returned to calgary for further evaluation per the flames twitter account

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
He leads the Ducks forwards in ice time, and isn't good at fighting. He would be foolish if he didn't pick his spots and wasted his time fighting guys like that.

I understand why people don't like him, he plays hard and lives to get under the skin of opponents best players. He's also a star on his team himself and star players shouldn't be expected to take on all comers. That's what the Engelland's and Boll's of the world all there for.

Yeah I get that but Frolik has no fights in his career and was just slashing Kesler because Kesler slashed him.

https://gfycat.com/ZanyPlainCygnet

That's all well and good but then Kesler decides to try and fight a guy who clearly doesn't want to fight and tries to punch his unwilling combatant who still has his gloves on and his stick in his hands.

https://gfycat.com/ScarceGoldenFly

Earlier in the game he also tried to start a fight with another non fighter.

https://gfycat.com/WeightyEachCanary

Which lead to Ferland getting a misconduct for getting jumped.

Last edited:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Yeah I get that but Frolik has no fights in his career and was just slashing Kesler because Kesler slashed him.

That's all well and good but then Kesler decides to try and fight a guy who clearly doesn't want to fight and tries to punch his unwilling combatant who still has his gloves on and his stick in his hands.

And people are so blinded and ignorant (not talking about Ducks fans, talking in general because of that stupid thread on the main board) that they think Kesler is a "good guy" or isn't a complete rat.

And if people want proof that the officiating is completely broken in this league look at the last clip. Holzer comes out of no where flying in and jumps Ferland and instigates the fight yet Ferland gets a misconduct and a double minor. Just terrible.

Holzer also had that late run at Tkachuk and missed.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
And people are so blinded and ignorant (not talking about Ducks fans, talking in general because of that stupid thread on the main board) that they think Kesler is a "good guy" or isn't a complete rat.

And if people want proof that the officiating is completely broken in this league look at the last clip. Holzer comes out of no where flying in and jumps Ferland and instigates the fight yet Ferland gets a misconduct and a double minor. Just terrible.

Holzer also had that late run at Tkachuk and missed.

FWIW, I've heard a lot of neutral fans (off HFBoards) point out the bizarreness of the Ducks getting a PP from the Kesler ruckus. It's not just Flames homerism for sure.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary

On that last gif it looks like Kesler crosscheck's Monahan below the belt.
F***ing hate that rat so much.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Nice of them to rescind the instigator, just in time for us to mount a comeback in the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->