5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I really hope he gets it together just for the potential Lyon-Hart combo. :D

latest

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Sad to say but I think Lyons has taken himself out of any future goaltending opportunities

The fate of a late bloomer. You get like 1 or two opportunities max in your mid twenties and if you can't impress, it's career AHLer or Euro league.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Sad to say but I think Lyons has taken himself out of any future goaltending opportunities

With the injury issues Stolarz and Sandstrom have gone thru, I expect Lyon to be in the organization at least one more year and I expect he will get more chances at the NHL level when Elliott and Neuvirth get hurt.

Reactions: Rebels57

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
With the injury issues Stolarz and Sandstrom have gone thru, I expect Lyon to be in the organization at least one more year and I expect he will get more chances at the NHL level when Elliott and Neuvirth get hurt.
playing where though?

HArt should not be in the ECHL just so we can have Lyon in the AHL.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The bigger question is where Stolarz will play. If he's on the Flyers or claimed on waivers or hurt again, then your Phantoms goalies in 18-19 are Lyon and Hart.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The bigger question is where Stolarz will play. If he's on the Flyers or claimed on waivers or hurt again, then your Phantoms goalies in 18-19 are Lyon and Hart.
I would like to think Stolie has no more chance of being hurt than Lyon next year. I would keep both and waive both, and if both clear, send Lyon to ECHL.

But who knows, maybe they waive Neuvirth and keep Stolie.

This was the year for Stolie to really cement himself, and it sucks.

FrustratedFlyer

Feb 4, 2018
Given how the prospects have been treated (Konecny benched multiple times, Ghost, Sanheim demoted, Morin not starting after pre-season, same with Lindblom) it seems clear the front office just didn't trust Stolie. I'd like to see him given a chance at being the backup for Elliott and Neuvy traded for whatever we can get. Stolie Hart has potential but only if things work out and our luck with goaltenders never seems to be great

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
No one is taking Neuvy from us. he gets hurt while being a back up goalie. He literally gets sick or hurt during practice multiple time a year.

Reactions: backburner

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
No one is taking Neuvy from us. he gets hurt while being a back up goalie. He literally gets sick or hurt during practice multiple time a year.

I wish I had a dollar for every post on here saying Player X can't be traded who was then traded by Hextall.

No one is taking Rinaldo from us!

No one is taking Grossmann from us!

No one is taking Streit from us!

Reactions: The Rage Kage

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Small sample size but in my eyes Alex Lyon has looked like a below average backup in the NHL so far.

He appears to be a pretty good puckhandler and likes to make the game fast by using his passing ability. In that regard he is the anti- Brian Elliot.

Other than that he has struggled a lot so far and doesn't have the big frame to make up for bad positioning and miss-playing the angles. In the AHL he feels comfortable to challenge shooters and dictate the play but that doesn't work on the big stage.

Reactions: Appleyard

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
Small sample size but in my eyes Alex Lyon has looked like a below average backup in the NHL so far.

He appears to be a pretty good puckhandler and likes to make the game fast by using his passing ability. In that regard he is the anti- Brian Elliot.

Other than that he has struggled a lot so far and doesn't have the big frame to make up for bad positioning and miss-playing the angles. In the AHL he feels comfortable to challenge shooters and dictate the play but that doesn't work on the big stage.
i think he could be a solid backup if he could clean this up. loses his net alot. also "attacks" shooters at inopportune times in tight. instead of just "blocking" he moves out and leaves net wide open to the back side. fixable.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
No one would give us a first round pick for Lehtera and Macdonald!
That’s what Bergevin’s dying shot is going to look like this offseason when he misses out on a center like JT/Stasny/Thorton and a defenseman to pair with Weber. Likely Ron has got him covered on both fronts for the guaranteed low price of a 1st round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad