April 20, 2004 TOR vs. OTT game 7 - Where were you that night?

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
It's still a long wait until trading camp. I thought I would start a thread about the last time TOR won a playoff series.

I'll start. I had to work a wedding reception that night and couldn't see the game. I was downtown near Yonge and Dundas Square. I didn't have a mobile phone then, but I knew they won because of the car horns. Back then you could see long lines of cars waving leaf flags when they won a playoff series.

I remember Bob McCowen on the Fan predicting the Leafs would win the series due to how good Belfour was playing.

Had I'd known that TOR would go on to miss the playoffs/not win in the playoffs I would have celebrated a lot harder.

I still can't believe those 2 goals that Joe Nieuwendyk scored.

Last edited:

Le Magnifique

Feb 22, 2021
@ Kelsey's with my cousin and he's half wit cronies.
I can still taste the Clamato Ceasar's on my lips.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I'm 43 years old. I really got into hockey when I was 10, watching the Flames run to the Cup and ultimate victory over the Canadiens in the finals. Joe Nieuwendyk was on that '89 Flames team.

Crazy to think that a player of that vintage (Nieuwendyk) was a key part of the Leafs' last series win.

I remember that game in 04 well, watching in my buddy's parents' basement, eating Pizza Pizza with him and another friend and on cloud 9 every time another softy got past Lalime.

18 years later, the three of us have all gotten married and had a total of 7 kids, including my own 12-year-old son who is a die-hard member of Leafs Nation in his own right. I'm now balding, have a mortgage, and have upped my pizza game considerably.

This thread makes me feel old and sad.

mccabe2424

Jul 28, 2013
Toronto
I was 19 or 20 in my friends basement watching on my friends massive rear projection tv's man those were massive hah didn't realize that was the last day I would have true happiness

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
High school (boarding high school) so without boring you with details of how that works..... the tv lounge for 3rd period and following gamecast on nhl.com for first 2 periods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad