Injury Report: Apr. 3: Sean Couturier (possibly right shoulder); returned April 9

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
he has had 5 injuries at the same time this season, as Briere said himself! This Franchise is too stupid to be a professional Sports team!

In a rebuilding year you risk the career of your (Captain) to maybe get in the playoffs and have him on you IR for the next 6 seasons!

So damn stupid!
Yet Torts is never held accountable for it. The authentics cheer him ripping Sean for his play this season. I'm so sick of this team.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Yet Torts is never held accountable for it. The authentics cheer him ripping Sean for his play this season. I'm so sick of this team.
Your right!

It plays all in the authentic mentality. Like @Beef Invictus (i think he was it?) has said a lot of times. The Broadstreet bullies was the worst thing that could have happen to that franchise. We will forever hire dinos who hire dinos who play veterans..... its a vicious circle!

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Team SIZE:

Zubrus (6'5) - Lindros (6'4) - Hayes (6'5)
Kordic (6'5) - Primeau (6'5) - Brown (6'5)
McAllister (6'7) - Handzus (6'5) - Sestito (6'5)
Ratcliffe (6'6) - Couturier (6'4) - Siklenka (6'5)
Gratton (6'4), Lecavalier (6'4)

Pronger (6'6) - Samuelsson (6'6)
Gill (6'7) - Myers (6'6)
Morin (6'6) - Daily (6'5)
Coburn (6'5)

Fedotov (6'7)
Stolarz (6'6)

Somewhere out there… Jim Jackson just creamed his pants.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Team SIZE:

Zubrus (6'5) - Lindros (6'4) - Hayes (6'5)
Kordic (6'5) - Primeau (6'5) - Brown (6'5)
McAllister (6'7) - Handzus (6'5) - Sestito (6'5)
Ratcliffe (6'6) - Couturier (6'4) - Siklenka (6'5)
Gratton (6'4), Lecavalier (6'4)

Pronger (6'6) - Samuelsson (6'6)
Gill (6'7) - Myers (6'6)
Morin (6'6) - Daily (6'5)
Coburn (6'5)

Fedotov (6'7)
Stolarz (6'6)
The Harmin' Goalstoppers

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
OMG The idiots are out in full force on any platform.

*posts fan for hire $Free on NHL job sites*

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

MONTREAL ― After being a full participant in the Flyers’ optional morning skate, Sean Couturier sat in his stall in the visiting locker room at Bell Centre and said not once but twice — in French and then in English — that he more than likely will be back in the team’s lineup Tuesday night against the Montreal Canadiens.

And according to his bench boss, he is indeed back in.

“I feel good. I’ve felt better every day since last week. Feel good enough to go,” said Couturier. who missed the Flyers back-to-back losses against the Buffalo Sabres and Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday and Saturday, respectively.

Couturier was injured on April 1 in the team’s 4-3 overtime loss to the New York Islanders. In the first period, he was checked hard into the boards in the offensive zone by defenseman Ryan Pulock and, to add insult to injury, Bo Horvat went the other way and scored to give the Islanders a 2-1 lead. Couturier went right to the locker room and did not return.

“When it happened, it was pretty painful, not going to lie, especially at this time of the year,” he said. “When you miss games, it’s tough. So I was doing everything I could to get back as soon as possible. Here I am today and ready to go.”

It’s been an up-and-down season for the Flyers’ Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy nominee, an annual nod to the player “who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.” Couturier missed some time because of a lower-body injury early in the season and was a healthy scratch for two games — after he was named team captain — in March. Couturier has 36 points (11 goals, 25 assists) in 70 games with an uncharacteristic plus-minus of minus-10.

In the game when he was hurt, Couturier was elevated back into the top six, centering Travis Konecny and Tyson Foerster, after being a fourth-liner for a few matchups. Before he was hurt, he was having a solid game, and as a captain who prefers to lead by his actions and not his words, his return is critical. The Flyers enter Tuesday one point out of the postseason with just four games left on the schedule — and losers of seven straight.

Couturier was asked what he has picked up about the team by watching the last two games. “I think maybe just relax and play,” he said. “I think we’re maybe gripping the stick a little on the offensive side of things. Defensively, same thing, just kind of relax and tighten up things. Take a step back and not kind of rush things defensively. And I think overall we’ll be tighter and give up less and our offense is going to come.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad