Post-Game Talk (GBU): Apparently there was a hockey game tonight

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
G: The usual crew: Myers, Risto, Girgs.
Enroth for the most part

B: Dat goal. Jhonas, close your legs

U: The whipping that's waiting for us tomorrow night. B's rested, Sabres off a game.

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
Good: Florida wins and Buffalo loses!

Good: I missed half the game

Bad/Ugly: I saw the other half of the game

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
G: PK, Myers, RR, Zemgus, 4th line.

B: PP, upgrade from an ugly, I thought it was better than usual. (And not because Zemgus got a shot :naughty:)

U: Well..

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
The team is shockingly bad.

They look like a team that has 5 games left in the season that just wants to make it to the gold course. The problem is that it's only 5 games into the season and there's 77 more where this came from.

They may have honestly started last year better under Rolston. It will be interesting to see if some of the new "leadership" calls for a meeting after this game. Just... horrible.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The team is shockingly bad.

I could go dig up my posts.....but in the offseason before last season, I thought that there was the potential for THIS season to be the true bottom-out year before we climbed back out.

Then I saw Murray's moves and talked myself out of it.

I need to remind myself to always follow my substantial gut.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I missed the entire 2nd period, but
G:
-Myers was solid, aside from that bad giveaway at the end
-Girgenhits
-Ristolainen

B:
-Yawn

U:
-This is going to be a looong season

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I could go dig up my posts.....but in the offseason before last season, I thought that there was the potential for THIS season to be the true bottom-out year before we climbed back out.

Then I saw Murray's moves and talked myself out of it.

I need to remind myself to always follow my substantial gut.
A lot of us thought this year would be the worst. But then we saw that it went down to the last few weeks with Florida and Edmonton somehow hanging around with us last year and we all saw how hard it is to be truly awful and expected at lest some growth over the Summer.

I knew we would be one of the bottom 3 teams this year but I thought there would be some semblance of progress in the guys who have been here a few years. None. Other than Myers the best players in each game aren't even in their 20s yet or just turned 20.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
G: Myers, Girgs, Risto, The Tank looks great

B: We play the bruins tomorrow night. Isles are 1st in the league.....smh

U: We're only 5 games in :(

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
The bruins haven't been off to the best start. I'm not saying to expect a win...just maybe not a "whipping"

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
I haven't seen any leadership from Gionta or Moulson as far as regards to their play. I honestly didn't even see them on the ice tonight.

Josh Jorges on the other hand has been playing well with Myers, maybe because Myers has truly looked great. hopefully TM doesn't trade him...then we'd be REALLYYY REALLYYYY bad instead of just one REALLYYYY.

So much for bringing in "leadership". The C and A's should of gone to guys like Myers, Girgensons, and I believe Jorges has earned his "A" as well.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
G: I wasn't alone in turning off this game!

B: The Sabres - totally uninteresting team…….

U: Missed 10 minuted of Wild vs Ducks (watched the replay of the Sabres/Panthers) before I tuned out.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
G: Enroth, Myers, Ristolainen, Girgensons. The usual suspects.

B: The rest.

U: The fact that I honestly thought this team was better than last year and that last place was not a sure thing... :facepalm:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
g- Zemgus always tries his best
-Gorges/Myers pairing, Gorges is the anchor that allows Myers to zoom around
-Enroth had a big game, if some of the forwards could score he could get a few wins

b- The Ennis and Hodgson lines need to score, maybe its the new system or lack of chemistry but it just isn't working
-Weber falling for no reason, Mez flinging the puck into the void

u- something is wrong with the system when the Sabres only manage 3 shots in the first period but give up 27.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Good:
- Free chicken sliders, filet bites, nacho chips and cheese, popcorn, peanut butter cheesecake, beer

Ugly:
- ****ing all of it

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I only saw bits and pieces of the game and will withhold my thoughts on GBU however I was curious about the Myers, Risto and Girgs comments. They seem to be listed often under G with some implying that they fall in the G for many/most of the games. Do you watch any or all of those three while they're on the ice and truly believe they are deserving of the "Good" label or are they simply the best players on a terrible team that shouldn't be listed under B/U but could do without the G recognition for playing a neutral game?

Is there any group-think happening where any or all of those three get listed under G in some early posts and that sways people to mention them as a G when in fact no players stood out above the rest as having a good game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad