Proposal: Apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
From what I've gathered, a few people on these boards have been annoyed with me being negative in the GDT:s? If this is the case, it was of course not my intention to attract this reaction from you lads, and I apologize for this. I Will try to stay more positive in the future, sorry.. :baghead: :(

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
It's just a sports board...

You shouldn't really care about what people think...

If MAK, Wilfred, Fuhr, etc were phased by negative comments about them they'd be long gone. Just stay strong on your opinions.

If they're negative, so what?

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Leave Nordic alone :(

Don't worry. I enjoy seeing that i'm not the only swede p at 3-4 AM watching our games.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
From what I've gathered, a few people on these boards have been annoyed with me being negative in the GDT:s? If this is the case, it was of course not my intention to attract this reaction from you lads, and I apologize for this. I Will try to stay more positive in the future, sorry.. :baghead: :(

you forgot the :sarcasm:

good joke though. you had me going

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
Last weekend I was at a party and things started getting crazy, so I did what any normal guy would and pulled ou.....

Wait is this a remorse and apology thread?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Maybe it's just my impression, but it seems safer to express positive opinions that negative ones in forums (not just this one). Being critical of the home team rubs people the wrong way, and they take it personally.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

Ugh, no.
There are a metric ton of pom-pom wavers for the Senators, most of them in the media.
Being critical is AWESOME. If this team is going to be anything other than an average, middling team with average, middling expectations then we need to hold their (management AND players) feet to the fire and so on.

Not saying complain ALL the time, but stop coddling them for crying out loud.
They're professionals, they're grown men, express your opinion!

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Take that bag off your head! Over positive posters are nauseating and unrealistic.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Maybe it's just my impression, but it seems safer to express positive opinions that negative ones in forums (not just this one). Being critical of the home team rubs people the wrong way, and they take it personally.

Nope. Being critical for the sake of it rubs people the wrong way. I'd like to think Ottawa fans are more intelligent than calling for the coach's head because we lost two in a row. It's reactionary and idiotic.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with criticizing your team. Blindly following your team and cheering for mediocrity makes you a dumbass Leafs fan.

And Nordic, nothing but :heart::heart:

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Lehner should be traded so we get some assets in return (not that anyone would give much for him) and we should let the 1-2 punch of Andy and Lawson take over. Lehner the brat kid has done nothing but lose while the veteran Andy has carried to load.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
uncharitable.

No apology necessary ... its sports dude, not religion ... hold on a sec ... nevermind ;)

It's just a sports board...

You shouldn't really care about what people think...

If MAK, Wilfred, Fuhr, etc were phased by negative comments about them they'd be long gone. Just stay strong on your opinions.

If they're negative, so what?

Leave Nordic alone :(

Don't worry. I enjoy seeing that i'm not the only swede p at 3-4 AM watching our games.

I'd also like to add that I don't hate Nordic's opinion.

:thumbu:

Ugh, no.
There are a metric ton of pom-pom wavers for the Senators, most of them in the media.
Being critical is AWESOME. If this team is going to be anything other than an average, middling team with average, middling expectations then we need to hold their (management AND players) feet to the fire and so on.

Not saying complain ALL the time, but stop coddling them for crying out loud.
They're professionals, they're grown men, express your opinion!

Take that bag off your head! Over positive posters are nauseating and unrealistic.

No need to apologize, you're just stating your opinion.

Nope. Being critical for the sake of it rubs people the wrong way. I'd like to think Ottawa fans are more intelligent than calling for the coach's head because we lost two in a row. It's reactionary and idiotic.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with criticizing your team. Blindly following your team and cheering for mediocrity makes you a dumbass Leafs fan.

And Nordic, nothing but :heart::heart:

Sorry (again) for the huge quote, but I wanted to fit you all in. Well, I did take some heat in the last GDT about being too negative, to the point that it got at least one person pissed enough to write a somewhat lenghty post about it, claiming that he wasn't alone having that opinion. If my opinions have rubbed some of you the wrong way, it is not my intention at all. I'm just so into this team and want them to do and to be great, that I might be overly critical. Just call me on it if anyone feel it's the case, cause I don't notice it myself..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad