OT: Anything Goes 35 - Tony O Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
That's the one show I've always wanted to watch but never have. Not sure where it's streaming, but it's not something I have. I'm not going to join just for that though.

It's on Hulu, I believe. I enjoy Hulu. I'm actually going to get the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ package when that comes out next month.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
oh well i guess it is me.

don't get me wrong, Joaquin Phoenix performance is truly an academy award performance. but it was boring and too dark.

I understand why some people don't like it, but it certainly worked for me. I was a fan of the darkness.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I understand why some people don't like it, but it certainly worked for me. I was a fan of the darkness.
i am still blown away with Joaquin Phoenix performance. it is truly a memorable one. like the other actor who played joker and committed suicide...

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'm going through a lot of BS in my personal life right now. Been dealing with chronic pain for 20 years and I'm only 32 years old. I can't do the things I want to do, be it work or fun because of it. It started getting really bad in the fall of 2017, and I've been spending most of the last 6 months recovering from two separate surgeries. Forgive me if I'm hot take-ish right now because I'm pissed off that I haven't been able to do much of anything besides watch sports for the better part of this entire calendar year. I'm not handling it well.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'm going through a lot of BS in my personal life right now. Been dealing with chronic pain for 20 years and I'm only 32 years old. I can't do the things I want to do, be it work or fun because of it. It started getting really bad in the fall of 2017, and I've been spending most of the last 6 months recovering from two separate surgeries. Forgive me if I'm hot take-ish right now because I'm pissed off that I haven't been able to do much of anything besides watch sports for the better part of this entire calendar year. I'm not handling it well.
sorry to hear that..... hope all goes well.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You’re fine man. If you enjoy this place enjoy it. Really sorry to hear about your situation.

Reactions: Giovi and LDF

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Don't sweat it, and just be yourself. Don't listen to these yokels.

Reactions: LDF

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hope it gets better for you man. At the end of the day it's sports opinions, nothing to lose sleep over.

Reactions: LDF

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Hey man, nothing wrong with being opinionated. As long as you can back up what you say with proof and/or good arguments then this "hot take" stuff isn't something to get worked up over. Your post about the Nylander deal being bad already (after ONE FREAKING GAME) was way off to me. You made some interesting points though and it can generate some discussion so who cares if you're wrong, or more importantly who cares if people disagree with you? Post what you want to post and as long as you can back up what you say, it doesn't matter how people here receive it. We're a bunch of mooks on a hockey forum, you're not addressing Congress or anything so just enjoy yourself.

Sorry about your medical predicaments. Keep your mind active so you don't fall into a dark place. Hope all goes well

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I recently started learning how to code on www.theodinproject.com

Liking it so far. Using it to (hopefully) supplement my Electrical Engineering degree. Anyone else here have any experience coding or doing IT work?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I recently started learning how to code on www.theodinproject.com

Liking it so far. Using it to (hopefully) supplement my Electrical Engineering degree. Anyone else here have any experience coding or doing IT work?

Did when I was younger, back in HS and shortly after in college a little bit. Got away from it because it just sucks. :laugh:

I do work in the IT field, though, as an IT Sys. Admin.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Did when I was younger, back in HS and shortly after in college a little bit. Got away from it because it just sucks. :laugh:

I do work in the IT field, though, as an IT Sys. Admin.

Why does it suck, what don't you like about it?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Just tedious and annoying, particularly after you get more and more in depth. One little comma could be out of place, and you have to go back through thousands and thousands of lines of code to find it. Yeah, **** that noise.

Yeah that sucks. I did some PLC work (kinda engineering-based coding) using ladder logic and one of the cooler things about it was that when you would run/test your code each line would be green if it was working and then the source of the error would be found on that specific rung so you could find your problem faster.

There are some things i'm not looking forward to, like tedious errors, but I think it makes sense to be as technologically equipped as I can. I originally wanted to be an engineer and was going to stop at my BS but everyone I talk to in the field or in other fields keeps saying if you really want to make money you need additional skillsets whether that's some coding experience or a MBA.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah that sucks. I did some PLC work (kinda engineering-based coding) using ladder logic and one of the cooler things about it was that when you would run/test your code each line would be green if it was working and then the source of the error would be found on that specific rung so you could find your problem faster.

There are some things i'm not looking forward to, like tedious errors, but I think it makes sense to be as technologically equipped as I can. I originally wanted to be an engineer and was going to stop at my BS but everyone I talk to in the field or in other fields keeps saying if you really want to make money you need additional skillsets whether that's some coding experience or a MBA.

In defense of my opinion of it, I haven't done any coding in... at least 15 years. So I'm sure there are a ton of tools and things that can be used to take away that tedious and annoying stuff involved in it. Just like the thing you talked about with the lines coming up green. When I was messing around with it, you had to manually search out errors, still.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
In defense of my opinion of it, I haven't done any coding in... at least 15 years. So I'm sure there are a ton of tools and things that can be used to take away that tedious and annoying stuff involved in it. Just like the thing you talked about with the lines coming up green. When I was messing around with it, you had to manually search out errors, still.

Yeah I forgot you were an old, old, old man :sarcasm:

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Yea, Azure Data Studio has a lot of cool hotkeys now to do things like putting commas at the end of lines and stuff for SQL. Visual Studio Code has had this stuff for a while as well.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->