OT: Anything Goes 33: What'cha Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Is it not a dumpster fire? Basically my main concern as people with Wells Fargo or used to bank with them for instance have told me to never bank with the because of how bad everything has been over there. Having a crappy bank you deal with can be issue as they found out

I honestly don't know what the reputation of Fifth Third Bank is and what I should expect with them

For 2nd time in my life the bank I have is being merged with another and I don't know what to expect

I don't mean this to sound rude, but these days what makes a good or bad bank? Good ATM locations and a decent website? I don't know the last time I actually spoke to a banker.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Getting a new type of ad that doesn’t go away as I scroll including sometimes being taken to a fake YouTube full page ad thing that replaces the browser page I was using.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Damn, someone just won $131,000 on one round of Jeopardy. It's an all-time high.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I don't mean this to sound rude, but these days what makes a good or bad bank? Good ATM locations and a decent website? I don't know the last time I actually spoke to a banker.

I really like the bank I go to.

Of course, I work there, so maybe I am biased :)

But you're right. It's hard for banks to differentiate themselves. The biggest things are making it easier to bank without actually going to the bank, which is ironic.

I am at a fairly local bank, but I am impressed with how up-to-date they keep things. Never know with the smaller banks. It's also a great place to work. It's big enough where I feel comfortable that we're going to be around for a while, but also small enough where I feel like I'm not just another employee to them.

Reactions: BK and Blue Liner

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I really like the bank I go to.

Of course, I work there, so maybe I am biased :)

But you're right. It's hard for banks to differentiate themselves. The biggest things are making it easier to bank without actually going to the bank, which is ironic.

I am at a fairly local bank, but I am impressed with how up-to-date they keep things. Never know with the smaller banks. It's also a great place to work. It's big enough where I feel comfortable that we're going to be around for a while, but also small enough where I feel like I'm not just another employee to them.

The differentiators are the random fees some charge, and the ease of the online system. Some banks online banking systems are awful.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I like Chase. Have had them for about 10 years now. My savings account is an online account with American Express, though, as the online-only savings accounts have better interest rates.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Just going to be that overly paranoid person but be careful on saying where you bank on here. No i don't think members will steal info but it is better to be safe than sorry.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Just going to be that overly paranoid person but be careful on saying where you bank on here. No i don't think members will steal info but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Where will they steal my info from, though? :) Not concerned in the least to divulge the actual banks I use.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, if anybody went into any more detail, I'd probably halt it, but think that just mentioning banks is okay.

Like Ally offers a surprisingly high return if you're okay with essentially online only banking.

Also, almost accidentally missed open enrollment at my company for all insurance. That was almost a huge whoops. I thought it was solely for supplemental additions and not the whole shebang.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Where will they steal my info from, though? :) Not concerned in the least to divulge the actual banks I use.

I mean we have given enough information on here where they could 99% find your name and then go from there. I am just overly protective of my info that is all.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I mean we have given enough information on here where they could 99% find your name and then go from there. I am just overly protective of my info that is all.

My info was all already stolen in the Equifax breach. Looking forward to my $16 when the settlement is reached for the millions of people involved in the class-action suit... :laugh:

I don't think I've ever given out my full name on here, though. If someone wants to try and dig that far, let them try. My accounts all have protection on them, anyways.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
My info was all already stolen in the Equifax breach. Looking forward to my $16 when the settlement is reached for the millions of people involved in the class-action suit... :laugh:

I don't think I've ever given out my full name on here, though. If someone wants to try and dig that far, let them try. My accounts all have protection on them, anyways.

Haha.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
The comeback trail (to being on the ice) is going well. Feet and legs are getting there faster than I thought they would. Endurance/wind is improving but still needs work. Hands are slowly coming along but (as expected) still taking a long time and not even close to par. Puck still feeling a little heavy but improving. All in all, progressing better than I thought I would after such a long absence.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The comeback trail (to being on the ice) is going well. Feet and legs are getting there faster than I thought they would. Endurance/wind is improving but still needs work. Hands are slowly coming along but (as expected) still taking a long time and not even close to par. Puck still feeling a little heavy but improving. All in all, progressing better than I thought I would after such a long absence.

Told ya ;)

It's like riding a bike. It comes back. Some things quicker than others.

Reactions: Blue Liner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad