OT: Anything Goes 31: Topicality Still Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
All the time Just had an amazing smokes Rum at some bar after work a couple days ago. I can never remember to names of the rums I like though. These bars give you a list with anywhere from 12-100 rums and they're mostly all delicious.

What was the name of that Gin???? I've been drinking this...
8940640665630.png

and it's been nice. Really nice change of pace from the more floral/botanical gins I've been drinking this summer
All the time Just had an amazing smokes Rum at some bar after work a couple days ago. I can never remember to names of the rums I like though. These bars give you a list with anywhere from 12-100 rums and they're mostly all delicious.

What was the name of that Gin???? I've been drinking this...
8940640665630.png

and it's been nice. Really nice change of pace from the more floral/botanical gins I've been drinking this summer

Had a lavender gin and tonic the other day. Delicious. Not with this gin, though.

barrel-reserve-bottle-1.png

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Work pet peeve # 874,553

When you email a lender about a loan of their's, and their only response is that is that the file is assigned to someone else and it's not their file.

Okay, jackass. Then provide me with the actual closer's information. Represent your company like you give a f***. I contacted you because I was given your contact information buy your own client's attorney. Stay on your ass and spend a few moments looking into it.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Deadpool 2 was amazing. IMO Deadpool 1 was awful, this totally redeemed it for me.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Serious question. I went to Hamburg, Germany for vacation last May and met this girl. Since then we’ve met up 4 times and talked ever since. I quit my job in Dallas this May to go home to Orlando and be around my father who has Parkinson’s and work here. I just got offered an awesome position in Munich Germany with Siemens and I speak pretty solid German because of her.

I haven’t told my parents about the job offer but I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to like just leave my family but this is an opportunity to be with a girl I really enjoy being around and a nice job with a good company .. I’m torn.

Do you think I’m being selfish if I go.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
No, that’s not selfish at all. You moved back home to help out. I’m sure they’ll be understanding. People will definitely be telling you it’s crazy to move half way around the world for a girl. So just make sure you’ll be happy with the opportunity and living there even if as soon as you got there she disappeared. But if that is where your head is at, then yes, you should absolutely go for it. It is important to put some focus on finding a potential mate and there is a very strong appeal to looking outside of North America. If it doesn’t work with this girl, you’ll likely meet many others you hit it off with as well. Your family will understand and if they give you shit about it, don’t let that deter you, sometimes you just have to do you, that’s not being selfish.

Reactions: TLEH

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Serious question. I went to Hamburg, Germany for vacation last May and met this girl. Since then we’ve met up 4 times and talked ever since. I quit my job in Dallas this May to go home to Orlando and be around my father who has Parkinson’s and work here. I just got offered an awesome position in Munich Germany with Siemens and I speak pretty solid German because of her.

I haven’t told my parents about the job offer but I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to like just leave my family but this is an opportunity to be with a girl I really enjoy being around and a nice job with a good company .. I’m torn.

Life's too short... Trust your gut.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

I think your father and family would understanding

Just tell them how much it means to you to not only go there for potential of longterm relationship and experience new things with job and moving to new country

Your definitely not selfish and you only live life once. We all have things we regret or moments we made a choice that we look back on with regret

Don't let this slip away because you may forever wonder what might have been and regret not going over there

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
That is tough, but if it's a job that you really like, possibly with a girl that you really like (though I'd recommend reaching out to her first to confirm if she's interested in being full-time/exclusive first, though I know that Hamburg and Munich are a trek from each other), and a place that your really like (at least from my perspective, Bavaria is at the top of my bucket list of regions to visit), then I say go for it. It all sounds like an amazing opportunity that could possibly setup lifelong opportunities.

Too bad the local hockey teams's one of those stupid Red Bull squads.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Yeah. We have definitely had convos and she would move to München with me if I went. It was always we felt strongly about each other but we didn’t know if it was time for one of us to uproot our lives to go just to be together. Now that I got offered a job there, It doesn’t feel as forced. & as much as I do really enjoy being around her, if it didn’t work out I would still want to stay. I love it there. I would love for it to work but I don’t feel like I’m chasing a girl. It feels like a bonus. But I also love my family a lot and that’s a hell of a move and time difference from them.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

If you talk to your parents about it my guess is that they will be happy for you and encourage you to go. The happiness of a parents child is the utmost priority

You would certainly not be selfish, you did leave a job and a home in Dallas to move back to florida to help care for Dad with the second most common dementia in the world. That is selfless and there is nothing selfish about it.

Go follow the path of living close to someone you care for and a job in a very large reputable company.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
So today I surrendered my 2016 Mitsubishi outlander V6. Traded it in for a 2014 Chevy Volt. plug in hybrid, I already love the volt, its so quiet and smooth, the interior is excellent. At this point its our only vehicle so I was not interested in full electric cause we love road trips.

Any of you folks make the leap from to electric vehicles yet?

Reactions: hawksrule

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I've had a 2012 Volt for three years and <knock on wood> had to do barely anything other than basic maintenance on it. $20-$25 to fill the tank once every few months and it's fun to drive in the "Sport" mode setting. I get funny looks from the small-town types or the locos at the car wash but I like the car. Get the windows tinted on it since the AC is an energy drainer.

Reactions: hawksrule

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Nobody went to Pearl Jam last night?

I did and had an awesome time as always. I think most of the posters on HF Hawks are a bit on the young side for Pearl Jam.

The show was great. It was surprising how it was a Saturday night show in a big city and they played a lot of rare tracks instead of more known songs. For instance, this was my 9th PJ show and it was the first time they didn't play Jeremy. They also didn't play Given to Fly or Black.

I have GA for tonight and I don't know what the hell is going to happen. It's supposed to be thunderstorms nonstop from 11am until 5am tomorrow morning. I know from the 2013 show that they won't play with lightning, because of the fear of something from the stage hitting people in the crowd.

So with that in mind, I'm kind of surprised they haven't postponed or cancelled it. The forecast just doesn't appear to be showing any type of window for them to get the show in. But they did send out an email to ticketholders last night warning to bring raingear - so I guess they're going to try it.

Reactions: Race Bannon

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Haven’t slept more than 2 straight hours since Thursday. Today at work is going to suck. Might go to bed at 4:30 when I get home this afternoon.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
In the market for a new car. I've been putting it off for a really long time.. frankly because my 2001 F-150 had 300k miles and was still running great with minimal maintenance. Well AC died and its going to cost me about 3500 total to fix & I need new tires (which I knew). Another 1k. Kinda annoyed but whatever.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
I'm ashamed to admit that this weekend was the first time I have been to a barber.... I've been missing out for so long.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
In the market for a new car. I've been putting it off for a really long time.. frankly because my 2001 F-150 had 300k miles and was still running great with minimal maintenance. Well AC died and its going to cost me about 3500 total to fix & I need new tires (which I knew). Another 1k. Kinda annoyed but whatever.

How the hell does it take $3500 to fix the A/C? That's insane. You may want to get a 2nd opinion from another mechanic. What is wrong with the A/C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->